Home

8.2 review...Gamespot

This is a discussion on 8.2 review...Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 8.2 review...Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I bet come November we are going to be playind Madden 2006 port from the XBOX with a little graphical upgrade to mask that this is the same game we played 3 months ago.

How much?

Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyce3
^ on XBOX or ps2?
this is on the ps2.

BTW INTs dont affect your individual passing stats or your team stats. That is a BS non-existing glitch.

Why I never put stock into reviews...heres one that states there is a glitch when there isnt. Yet no one found the MVP 2004 lefty glitch. Reviews are worthless.

Last edited by pastapadre; 08-08-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I been watching pro ball since 85 & never heard of that?
Kool I really hope you're kidding because if you have been "watching pro football since 1985" and dont know that when a QB gets sacked the amount of yardage that is lost on the sack is deducted from the QB's pass yardage.

If you dont know what you're talking about, I would keep your mouth shut because you really sound like a ******
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #52
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Correct me if I am wrong but when a QB gets sacked during a pass play, the amount of yardage he is sacked is deducted from pass yardage.. so if he has 100 yards passing and gets sacked for a 10 yard loss, he now has 90 yards passing

I am not sure what he is talking about
You're wrong.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You're wrong.
sacks are supposed to come off team passing yards, and thats what they do in the game. It does not however effect your individual passing yards.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
this is on the ps2.

BTW INTs dont affect your individual passing stats or your team stats. That is a BS non-existing glitch.

Why I never put stock into reviews...heres one that states there is a glitch when there isnt. Yet no one found the MVP left glitch. Reviews are worthless.
THANK YOU! I'm just getting ready to go to bed with a migraine (not from the talk of this so-called bug....at least I don't think so), and I hoped to get ps2 clarification on this. Still looking forward to my pre-ordered copy in the mail tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You're wrong.
LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME... GO READ THE RULES

WHEN A QB GETS SACKED, THE SACK YARDAGE IS DEDUCTED FROM THE QB'S TOTAL YARDS PASSING...

ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
this is on the ps2.

Why I never put stock into reviews...heres one that states there is a glitch when there isnt. Yet no one found the MVP left glitch. Reviews are worthless.
Hey Pasta, good looking out. By the way, did you check to see if sacks mess up the passing yards (unless this is an actual rule, which I think it might be)?

Thanks for pointing out the TeamXBOX review it was nicely done and written by someone who can relate to the non-casual fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »