Home

question about the new passing system

This is a discussion on question about the new passing system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
question about the new passing system

My main beef with the series over the years is players who constantly run the zone. While playing all madden against a team like the ravens passing on them if they were in the zone was really stupid. The PC would drop back and you'd have a guy open in the zone but your QB would throw some lame duck and a player 7 yards in front of your receiver would make some lame SkyJump bat down. Where he is walking backwards then turns jumps and is like 8 feet in the air and bats the ball down. That to me is uter crap! And the main reason I still play 2k5. Plays are made at the ball in the NFL players in a zone 5 yards away do not make plays on the ball five yards from the receiver.

My question is this can you now throw the ball over the LBs heads more easily I can't stand how they knock down everything it's not basketball.

Can you beat the zone with the precision pass?

Last edited by illidan; 08-09-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 AM   #2
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: question about the new passing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan
My main beef with the series over the years is players who constantly run the zone. While playing all madden against a team like the ravens passing on them if they were in the zone was really stupid. The PC would drop back and you'd have a guy open in the zone but your QB would throw some lame duck and a player 7 yards in front of your receiver would make some lame SkyJump bat down. Where he is walking backwards then turns jumps and is like 8 feet in the air and bats the ball down. That to me is uter crap! And the main reason I still play 2k5. Plays are made at the ball in the NFL players in a zone 5 yards away do not make plays on the ball five yards from the receiver.

My question is this can you now throw the ball over the LBs heads more easily I can't stand how they knock down everything it's not basketball.
Yes, precision passing. In the past Madden's you could always lead your WR, but it wasn't as easy as the L3 stick is.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Leading a receiver is way different then drilling the ball in between two defenders playing zone which is almost impossible in 05 playing on all madden.

I mostly want to know if the stupid LBs still have that dumb 10 foot jump animation. Where they jump and swat balls 5 yards in front of the receiver. I have not seen that once in the real NFL and I see it 30 times a game in madden NCAA.

For instance the fly patter in madden with your top receiver making an out patter toward the sideline if the CB was in zone and the safety are in zone on that side of the field manning would hit that pass all day. In madden it never works the pass is always batted down.

Im just curious if the passing is like 2k5s were you can truly place the ball where you want.

Last edited by illidan; 08-09-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am a 2k5 fan as well. I got madden and I am already done with it. Back to 2k5 for me. The animation you are talking about is still there. The pace is too fast when you are on defense. Most of the time the play is over without you getting a chance to be involved. The running game is weak, real weak. The vision passing, aka flashlight cam, is probably the gayest feature of all. You can, however, turn off this feature if you wish.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:56 AM   #5
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoulet
I am a 2k5 fan as well. I got madden and I am already done with it. Back to 2k5 for me. The animation you are talking about is still there. The pace is too fast when you are on defense. Most of the time the play is over without you getting a chance to be involved. The running game is weak, real weak. The vision passing, aka flashlight cam, is probably the gayest feature of all. You can, however, turn off this feature if you wish.
I knwo what you are talking about. I haven't seen jumping LBs yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2baseball
I haven't seen jumping LBs yet.

they do it mostly in All madden they will be walking backwards and a receiver is say 7 yards behind them okay Im f-ing tom brady I know I have to get the ball over that LBs head, in madden that pass never works the LBs will while walking backwards turn slightly then they do this crazy jump animation and swat the ball. LMFAO so ******** when a play is made on the football 10 feet in front of the receicver that Never happens, only swats I see in the NFL are at the receivers hands, or at the line of scrimmage Id like to see how many swats a LB has.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:18 AM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoulet
wow, form complete judgement on a game in under 12 hours...don't have madden, so can't comment, but i usually find that games can take a bit longer than that to get the nuances down, especially if you're used to something else.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll probably give it another shot when someone comes out with some good sliders to make the game more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »