Home

Anyone else dissapointed with the speed of the game?

This is a discussion on Anyone else dissapointed with the speed of the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyone else dissapointed with the speed of the game?

I haven't seen this touched on by any reviews, but I've been really dissapointed with the speed change. It may just be me, as I've grown accustomed to playing NCAA 2006 the last few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel like the run game is in slow motion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else dissapointed with the speed of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumbo
I haven't seen this touched on by any reviews, but I've been really dissapointed with the speed change. It may just be me, as I've grown accustomed to playing NCAA 2006 the last few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel like the run game is in slow motion.
I agree this game is very slow I figured ea was going to do this since the have the rights they just put out anything and we all purchased it. there is no real improvement over last years game a few new tackles and the qb vision but that's about it. very disappointing overall so far
Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumbo

I feel the exact opposite. For once, i think the speed seems just about perfect. i think they had to slow it down as well to incorporate the "qb vision", and i'm glad they did (if they indeed slow it down).
Old 08-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I LOVE the speed compared to NCAA its plays more fluid and the collision detection and animations are more varied and fluid! NCAA was like you run and then hit a brick wall that sounded like you smashed into a china cabinet and the defenders were like on insuline. Maddens speed also open up the short passing game which was non-existent in NCAA

Only gripe I have is that breakaway speed is hard to see.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePolicy
I feel the exact opposite. For once, i think the speed seems just about perfect. i think they had to slow it down as well to incorporate the "qb vision", and i'm glad they did (if they indeed slow it down).
I agree that slowing the game down is beneficial for the passing cone, but it hurts the overall gameplay.

I thought it was just me as none of hte reviews have touched on it, but I guess not. I don't see how all the reviewers could have overlooked such a fundamental change in the game.

Game is still pretty fun, even if I'm having a tough time getting adjusted to the vision cone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I LOVE the speed compared to NCAA its plays more fluid and the collision detection and animations are more varied and fluid! NCAA was like you run and then hit a brick wall that sounded like you smashed into a china cabinet and the defenders were like on insuline.
Man, you must be playing a different game than I'm playing. NCAA plays great.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Since we're talking about the speed of the game... I agree with the gentleman who said its much better in terms of gameplay i agree. Just to see if the speed was reduced....i took a stop watch and ran moss 40 yards in practice on a go route. And the speed is perfect for realism. he ran about a 4.4.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSFAN0303
I agree this game is very slow I figured ea was going to do this since the have the rights they just put out anything and we all purchased it. there is no real improvement over last years game a few new tackles and the qb vision but that's about it. very disappointing overall so far
The man was referring to the speed, not an unintelligent, poorly thought out review. I'm a little peeved at people and user's throwing around their reviews everywhere. Seems the only angry little people are 2kers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »