Home

SCREW the casual gamer

This is a discussion on SCREW the casual gamer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: SCREW the casual gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Agreed. I've never watched the tutorials over and over again and felt like I still need to study up in practice mode so much. Very, very happy with this game. As a Pats fan though, you really have to use other QBs to get good at passing, Brady is nasty!

I'm having a blast right now.
I thought the same thing w/ Philly I put Detmer in practice mode when I got the game
Old 08-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #18
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Errrr.... sorry about that. There should have been a sarcastic smiley at the end of my post.
Sometimes it's hard to tell the true intent behind one's words without a sarcastic smiley. It's all good. I thought you were offended and I was just saying that his post is spot on. I absolutely love the passing cone - it really makes my using A.J. Feely all the more difficult and true to life .
Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #19
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

My two cents: I'm a former football player and 2K fan.

Have only played 3 games but love Madden. Sure, I could pick it apart just like I could have picked apart 2K when I only played that. Point is, I do believe EA tried very hard to make the game closer to a sim. I'm not an EA fan. You can see that from my past posts but I do try to be fair and I believe the changes DO warrant my 50 dollars.

The passing system is brilliant and the running game is much improved. I played against the Ravens and the Seahawks and both teams ran the ball well and often. i can't ask for more; at least not at this point with this system.

I haven't seen anything unrealistic so far. Initially, I was worried about the "super zone" that is in NCAA but I've adjusted my touch and have no probs with it.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #20
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

As far as the casual gamer is concerned...I just played in a few tournaments that featured about 65% young kids (high school) and 35% older guys (college and up)...needless to say, 90% of the high school crowd was completely frustrated with the vision cone, while 50% of the older crowd was. Still, even though the game doesn't play too arcadish (All-Madden), ev'one seemed to have a blast, whether they could pass or not.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Great thread title. I would recommend this thread be closed right away.
It was a somewhat bitter title for what turned out to be a rather jovial thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think EA has done well. they didn't try to make sim (if they did they failed miserably), they tried to convince people that they were giving them a "real" NFL experience. seems as though it is working.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #23
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
i think EA has done well. they didn't try to make sim (if they did they failed miserably), they tried to convince people that they were giving them a "real" NFL experience. seems as though it is working.
Not to bag on you too hard because your from the Nati', but could you be anymore vague? If you don't think the cone is "sim", and having to read a defense before you make a pass is "sim"..then please explain what "sim" means to you?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
ok, you must understand that the people that go this board tend to be hardcore sim gamers, or at least they think they are. Madden is, and never will be, a sim. we are talking about a game that sells annually more than almost all the other sports games combined. To taylor to sim only players would elimanate millions of people, as they dont want, or understand, football to this degree. To put it another way, it would be like saying mcdonalds is now only going to sell hamburgers. Forget the people that like chicken, or salad, or fries, we will only taylor to those who like hamburgers. This is what ea would be doing if it made madden a sim, which it isnt, and is not even close to being.

Ok so please tell me what a sim is? Because if this isn't a sim then i've never seen a sim based football game in my life

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »