Home

SCREW the casual gamer

This is a discussion on SCREW the casual gamer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:03 AM   #33
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: SCREW the casual gamer

The confusion is between a sim, and a non-sim. A sim is something that simulates actual gameplay, therefore results, scores, stats, etc, will resememble an actual game. For example, when racing a true sim game, when I race a true to life track, the times will be almost identical to those put up in real life by equivalent cars. Now, a non-sim, the opposite is true, times will vary. If madden were a true sim, i wouldnt be able to beat the computer 64-3, or average 250 yards rushing, which is easily possible. You can come back and say well adjust the sliders, but then you are skewing the game to get results that you feel are appropriate because of weaknesses in the game. There can never be a football sim, because there is too much going on in an actual game to represent with pixels. Yes, madden has some degree of sim qualities, but in no means is it a sim.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I agree with GV.
If the cone makes this the ultimate sim, then Fever 05 was the super-ultimate sim...because Read N' Lead blew this away. This is a dumbed down version.

I agree completely, the precision cone passing in Madden 2006 is dumb down
for the casuals, but it was marketed to the hard core. The Read and Lead passing model is MUCH more like real passing in football.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:07 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
probably for the same reason you would spend time reading and questioning my motives. it's human nature. we all discuss things we like and don't like, things we do and don't do.

once at a sales training seminar, they told us that if you do a good job for someone, they on average tell 3 people. but if you do a bad job, they on average tell 7 people. the nature of us strange beings.

i'm a Reds fan, and i think we have just as much intrigue, and possibly even fun, discussing how lousy the team, the fact that we need pitching, and ours hopes for new ownership just as much as we enjoyed celebrating when we were good.

I guess maybe i'm here for the same reason you are. just to chat. maybe to see if others think similarly. maybe i'll discover i'm crazy.

it's just as odd to me that people who love the game would be here. when i love a game, i can't stop playing. i can't make time to visit a message board. And i didn't say i hated the game.

if 80 and above love the game too much to come here cause they can't put it down, and a 30 or below hate it so much they take it back and move on, I would say i'm about a 40 - almost ready to fold, but still hoping to find that something that changes my mind. i might be wrong, but i'd guess you in the mid 70s since you aren't playing. you are here afterall.

I am amazed at your ability to stay calm and be gracious. Very good post indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

The whole point of forums is to discuss and to get new information. The discussion part is seriosuly hurt if you only hear one point of view. What if everyone who posted on a game and was like wow best game I ever played then you would probably think it was good. Now what if another group of people then said no its awful, then maybe you wouldn't buy it or at least would try to find out whats its problems are.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I am amazed at your ability to stay calm and be gracious. Very good post indeed.

that's why i post here, cause on most sites, we would be flame warring something fierce right now. but i love a debate. (not an argument)
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 9

im loving this game also....its going to get trashed because of events over the year and there isnt much you can do except sift through them...i love the cone..i also love the way camara closes down on the feild of play when you break the huddle..very cool...the cpu runs the football my biggest peive of the past and that cant be understated that had to be fixed...the picture seems alot crisper than in the past but that could be just my tv doing what i paid for it to do...im not getting scorched like in the past through the air...im out of sync with running and pass rush moves due to ncaa contols...but i just couldnt be happier with both ncaa and madden this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »