Home

Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

This is a discussion on Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #73
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman321
excellent post. However, can you blame EA. EA has a market cap that dwarfs creative and hardworking companies like Blizzard. EA is all about maximizing their profits. What can be more profitable than to put out the same game w/ tweaks year after year and sell 5 million copies. If the lemmings continue to buy up your stuff, I would do the same thing. Blame the consumer for not demanding more.
I do alot of daytrading and have traded ERTS a couple times in the past, but right now EA is worth around 18 Billion dollars. An 18 billion dollar company can put forth a better effort then this.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #74
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Do any of the EA or even 2K Bashers ever think that if EVERYTHING you wanted to be done/fixed in the game was done in one year that there would be nothing left to accomplish in the game. You would then proceed to purchase roster updates every year from EA for $50 a pop.
Things could always improve. Graphics can always be improved. New animations can always be added. New mini games, ect. If they correct the things people complain about every year (player models, DB AI, more animations, ect.) they could add new features and "gimmicks" on top of a good foundation. Most people's complaints are that EA is adding fluff instead of addressing things that have been complained about for years.

But you bring up an excellent point. If the game was "perfect", many people would hold on to a game for a few years instead of buying the new version. That could hurt sales. That leads me to believe EA is intentionally leaving thing broken so that there is something to look forward to every year.

Ideally, customers want EA to put the best possible game out. If they want to continue to sell games every year, put out a better product the next year. But don't sell a game with the same problems from the prior year with new fluff for the casual gamers. And that's what some folks feel like they're doing.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #75
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
- Stadium Atmoshpere (Super Bowl and Preseason Games feel the same)
- Player Attributes dont change in game.( Been Sacked 10 times? doesnt matter Arm Str and Acc stay the same.)
Trojan83,

These are the type of things EA could add to an perfect game. I know I would buy a new version of an otherwise perfect game if it added things like this every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #76

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Trojan83,

These are the type of things EA could add to an perfect game. I know I would buy a new version of an otherwise perfect game if it added things like this every year.
Be careful what you wish for, on NCAA your quarterback will lose points off his throwing strength after one pass attempt that was incomplete, and this is right at the start of the game even.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #77
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok410
Seriously, HOW IS NCAA 2006 SOOO much better then Madden? Madden has 90 % of the features in Ncaa and about 20 more that Ncaa doesn't have. Not to mention it's basically the same engine except that Madden's is 3 years ahead and more polished.
The player models are better. The game moves faster. More teams to choose from. Impact players. IMO, the game just plays better.

Minus the cone passing, which I still don't love, they could've kept the new features.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #78
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
...Isn't there enough of these threads already?
Never enough. EA needs to see how disappointed people are. If the game is that great, the number of positive post will out number the negative.

But, why do people tired of seeing these types of post continue to open them? That's my question.

Quote:
I can't understand why guy's who already have it out for the game would still go ahead and buy it just to get their own agenda across I guess.
Maybe because no one has it out for the game. People buy it in hopes that it is as improved as EA says it is. I doubt people are paying $50 just to come to OS and complain.

Quote:
I must also note that the game has only been out 1 day so why rush to conclusions. It's a video game guy's why do we spend some much time looking for flaws......when we already know they are going to exist.
It took 5 minutes for me to realize I liked NCAA 2006. And that's after 2 years of not owning an EA game.

I don't think it takes a full day to form an opinion on a game, especially if one was hoping or expecting specific improvements. Once you see they're not there, you're going to be disappointed.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #79
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Be careful what you wish for, on NCAA your quarterback will lose points off his throwing strength after one pass attempt that was incomplete, and this is right at the start of the game even.
One incomplete pass could affect the pyche of a QB.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #80
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi
See NBA 2K5 thread last september, the CPU didn't call timeouts during games. It took 6 weeks for a patch to come out.
And that's if you have an XBOX. PS2 owners wer SOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »