Home

Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

This is a discussion on Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #81
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Be careful what you wish for, on NCAA your quarterback will lose points off his throwing strength after one pass attempt that was incomplete, and this is right at the start of the game even.
There is such a thing called MOMENTUM in football games and Madden has no feeling of this concept at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #82

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
There is such a thing called MOMENTUM in football games and Madden has no feeling of this concept at all.
Valid point, if it wasnt for it being the very first pass of the game by the QB. I just played with Miami earlier today against Florida State at home, and after throwing one incomplete pass to begin the game, very first pass attempt of the game, not even 10 seconds into the game itself, my throwing power went down 2 and my overrall rating went down 1 I believe. I fully understand momentum, and this wasnt it, I do believe you have to actually do something to gain momentum and it doesnt happen after one incomplete pass to start the game.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #83
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for, on NCAA your quarterback will lose points off his throwing strength after one pass attempt that was incomplete, and this is right at the start of the game even.
Then they need to fine tune the system. But the concept is excellent. Players lose and gain confidence throughout a game, and that reflected in their performance.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #84
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
Valid point, if it wasnt for it being the very first pass of the game by the QB. I just played with Miami earlier today against Florida State at home, and after throwing one incomplete pass to begin the game, very first pass attempt of the game, not even 10 seconds into the game itself, my throwing power went down 2 and my overrall rating went down 1 I believe. I fully understand momentum, and this wasnt it, I do believe you have to actually do something to gain momentum and it doesnt happen after one incomplete pass to start the game.
I would be fine if the away teams players all started off -2 OVR. There needs to be variables in the stats for conditons such as weather home field advantage and player hot and cold streaks.

MY NUMBER #1 WANT FOR MADDEN 360 IS WEATHER TO AFFECT GAMEPLAY. I'm sick of the wind not affecting passes. I'm sick of never seeing fumbled snaps. I'm sick of never seeing bad snaps on special teams. Front Page Football had these in the game almost 10 years ago. Madden has half assed the realism for years now.

Last edited by USF11; 08-10-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #85
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

And please dont anyone say NFL 2k5 is the greatest thing ever. No fumbles, playing as the D-Linemen and breaking thru the line right away was too easy with sub par players, User controling Defensive back was horrible, running the ball was too easy. Scrambling for 100 yds with Drew Bledsoe is incredibly gay. Espn had 2 things going for it incredible graphics in HD and custom sountracks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 3

Bottom line 2k5 WAS the greatest thing ever compared to Madden 05. Amazing gang tackling, incredible running game, max passing, and graphics that blow Madden 06 out of the water.

Madden 06 is definitely a better game but rest assured 2k5 was the real deal not some darling everyone loved because they hate EA.

Read any website about Madden vs. 2k you will see all the reasons it was better.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #87
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Bottom line is that you can't stop the Madden fans from loving Madden: no matter how big or small the upgrades, no matter how good or bad the commentary, no matter how good or bad the AI, and especially no matter how good or bad the competition was.

I've been in 2 large MAdden tourneys this week and for the first time in my life, I have seen the phenomenon up-close and personal and it is NO JOKE. People LOVE this game. Little kids throwing pics with the vision cone - still LOVING it. Older guys fumbling and losing by 21 points - still LOVING it. Super Air Jordan LBs and DB pics - still LOVING it. The still LOVE it. It is like a huge snowball coming down Mt. Fuji. What you gonna do?

Well, hopefully for those like me, Madden on 360 will address some of the game's shortcomings.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Bottom line is that you can't stop the Madden fans from loving Madden: no matter how big or small the upgrades, no matter how good or bad the commentary, no matter how good or bad the AI, and especially no matter how good or bad the competition was.

I've been in 2 large MAdden tourneys this week and for the first time in my life, I have seen the phenomenon up-close and personal and it is NO JOKE. People LOVE this game. Little kids throwing pics with the vision cone - still LOVING it. Older guys fumbling and losing by 21 points - still LOVING it. Super Air Jordan LBs and DB pics - still LOVING it. The still LOVE it. It is like a huge snowball coming down Mt. Fuji. What you gonna do?

Well, hopefully for those like me, Madden on 360 will address some of the game's shortcomings.

That is why EA will NEVER make any changes to the game engine. For those who plan to buy the XBOX 360 version be prepared to buy the same game minus a few features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »