Home

Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

This is a discussion on Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

Not sure why so many think 360 is going to a whole new Madden. EA will take advantage of the more powerful hardware by making the game look better but it won't necessarily play better.

Frankly, Madden 06 is very good game and there is no reason to rewrite the code from the ground up...they certainly are NOT going to give the 360 version "all new" AI. The AI will be practically the same as what we see now.

The game will probabaly run smoother and look better but for many the game plays just fine the way it is. Sure it's always nice to have the latest/greatest but when you're actually playing the game, who cares if you can see the cheerleaders doing cartwheels on the sidelines.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #90
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
That is why EA will NEVER make any changes to the game engine. For those who plan to buy the XBOX 360 version be prepared to buy the same game minus a few features.
Obviously, we're all guessing, but I think the 360 version will be much better in all areas, but in the same vein as the current version.

Those of use hoping for a more realistic game may be disappointed because that's not what the series is about. But if you like what the title offers now, you'll probably get a much better brand of that.

My point is that I don't think Madden adds or excludes anything by accident. The game is the way it is because that's how they want it. And they want it like that because their customers want it like that.

So I guess I agree with you except that it won't be the same game. I do think they will rebuild the engine and improve everything. But those improvements won't make for a better simulation like some of us want.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #91
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

You know what burns me?>??????? All the people pissed because the qb doesn't fumble snaps or beccause the vision cone is too difficult really pisses me off. I am a former 2ker and loved that game. I didn't play madden until late last year. All the time I was a fan Madden fans would sit there and say oh madden is the best, the gameplay is the best, the passing is the best, defense and stats are the best going on and on rambling about how good madden is. I argued to them that 2k improves every year and 2k6/7/8 would have been something nice to see because VC improved every single year. Ea knew this and fans didn't want to see it so they came up that 2k crib was stupid and stats are broken all those complaints and 2k5 would never be madden. Well madden 06 has a sort of crib and added some stuff that 2k had. Ea ruined COMPETITION that would have made both games money because 70% of the people would buy both JUST TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER DID. With that being said I started with madden 05 on the football offseason and found out it wasn't a bad game and you could do tons of defensive and offensive movements. I got used to it, gave it a chance and ended up liking it. So I was excited for this year. I got the game and LOVE the vision cone. Love the madden game. Running game is loads better then last year. You can now pull your lineman to the right or left. Now people hate this game because it's the SAME as last year or the previous installments. 1. This game is loads better from last year ( the crowd FINALLY looks hot. People are bitching about the passing cone because it's harder and they can't run and gun or drop back 25 yards. They Move the offense at will so now they hate the game... 2 solutions. Trade madden in or 2 TURN THE VISION CONE OFF and Go back to your easy [email protected]@ gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
You know what burns me?>??????? All the people pissed because the qb doesn't fumble snaps or beccause the vision cone is too difficult really pisses me off. I am a former 2ker and loved that game. I didn't play madden until late last year. All the time I was a fan Madden fans would sit there and say oh madden is the best, the gameplay is the best, the passing is the best, defense and stats are the best going on and on rambling about how good madden is. I argued to them that 2k improves every year and 2k6/7/8 would have been something nice to see because VC improved every single year. Ea knew this and fans didn't want to see it so they came up that 2k crib was stupid and stats are broken all those complaints and 2k5 would never be madden. Well madden 06 has a sort of crib and added some stuff that 2k had. Ea ruined COMPETITION that would have made both games money because 70% of the people would buy both JUST TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER DID. With that being said I started with madden 05 on the football offseason and found out it wasn't a bad game and you could do tons of defensive and offensive movements. I got used to it, gave it a chance and ended up liking it. So I was excited for this year. I got the game and LOVE the vision cone. Love the madden game. Running game is loads better then last year. You can now pull your lineman to the right or left. Now people hate this game because it's the SAME as last year or the previous installments. 1. This game is loads better from last year ( the crowd FINALLY looks hot. People are bitching about the passing cone because it's harder and they can't run and gun or drop back 25 yards. They Move the offense at will so now they hate the game... 2 solutions. Trade madden in or 2 TURN THE VISION CONE OFF and Go back to your easy [email protected]@ gameplay

I wish that Madden did improve more from last year but besides the vision cone which really does not add much to the game anyway and a few other gimmics it is the same game as Madden 2005. I was hoping that the Mario running, the tackling, the atmosphere, the blocking, and the AI would be better but it is the same as last year. The run blocking is better than last year, but it could be a lot better. When blocking the linemen do not push the defensive linemen forward or get pushed back, they just collide and stay stuck together and stay in place without moving much.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #93
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
If you took the time to read my original post you would see that I said the cone of vision is one of the few bright spots on this game.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Madden (+)'s

- Cone of Vision (Keeps it Real)
- Run Blocking (O-Line agressively seek out defenders)
- Accelerated Clock (Allows for realistic stats during games)
- Size of O & D playbooks & Variety of Formations

Madden (-)'s

- Controls are Bad (#1 rule of all EA Games is great control)
- Pre Snap adjustments (It's a giant cluster%&%*)
- Passing Velocity(Seems slow)
- Game speed (Lacks the dynamic feel of NCAA)
- Stadium Atmoshpere (Super Bowl and Preseason Games feel the same)
- Player Attributes dont change in game.( Been Sacked 10 times? doesnt matter Arm Str and Acc stay the same.)

The lack of atmosphere combined with sup par EA controls and a lack of a dynamic feeling of speed is a absolute game killer for me!

Madden 2001 for PS2 was light years ahead of anything else at the time how can anyone bash that game. Madden 360 should make the same leap.
I bought my first Madden for the Genesis in the fall of 1990, and have bought it every year before or on the release date for various systems, but this year I decided to step back and see the input from this board, before I made a purchase. After reading some of the threads I can't see buying the game. Except for "cone passing" what has changed in a game that I believe reached a virtual peak with Madden 2002, which I still consider Madden's best effort.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I bought my first Madden for the Genesis in the fall of 1990, and have bought it every year before or on the release date for various systems, but this year I decided to step back and see the input from this board, before I made a purchase. After reading some of the threads I can't see buying the game. Except for "cone passing" what has changed in a game that I believe reached a virtual peak with Madden 2002, which I still consider Madden's best effort.
2003 was the best so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #96
Rookie

ultramag7's Arena

OVR: 3

does anybody know the buy back value at video game stores, cause this is madden 05' with an 06' on the cover. if madden 360 is not phenomenal i will have to retire and officially hang up the cleats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »