Home

Deal at Best Buy

This is a discussion on Deal at Best Buy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Deal at Best Buy

If you buy Madden at best buy, you can get any one of the PS2 Greatest Hits selection (or the equivalent for XBox and GC) for $5. The only requirement is that the purchases be on the same receipt.

Who am I to pass up on a $5 game? The only question is which game to get. I'm leaning towards Socom, but thought someone else might have some suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Deal at Best Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
If you buy Madden at best buy, you can get any one of the PS2 Greatest Hits selection (or the equivalent for XBox and GC) for $5. The only requirement is that the purchases be on the same receipt.

Who am I to pass up on a $5 game? The only question is which game to get. I'm leaning towards Socom, but thought someone else might have some suggestions?
Burnout 3.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

is it a deal that is available only through bestbuy.com or is the same deal available in-store?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firethorne2k
is it a deal that is available only through bestbuy.com or is the same deal available in-store?
In store too. For verification, you can check out their circular for this week at their site.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 08-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Burnout 3.
I ended up getting James Bond: Everything or Nothing. The reviews that I found were good. It was either that or Socom II. I don't do much online gaming, so I went with Bond which supposedly has a very solid single player mode, whereas Socom's rave reviews seemed to revolve around its online play.

Overall, a very good day. I got my madden, I got an extra game for $5, and I've got next week off of work to play until my thumbs fall off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I ended up getting James Bond: Everything or Nothing. The reviews that I found were good. It was either that or Socom II. I don't do much online gaming, so I went with Bond which supposedly has a very solid single player mode, whereas Socom's rave reviews seemed to revolve around its online play.

Overall, a very good day. I got my madden, I got an extra game for $5, and I've got next week off of work to play until my thumbs fall off.
James Bond? Eh, for $5 it's great though. (but Burnout 3 is much better )

My Blog
Old 08-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I bought it @ best buy, and yes they had the deal, but i only had $55 =(
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
James Bond? Eh, for $5 it's great though. (but Burnout 3 is much better )
Not much of a racing guy. It came down to the fact that Bond had 29 single player missions to Socom's 12. And like you said, you can't beat the price ($5).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »