Home

Last guy before punter won't block

This is a discussion on Last guy before punter won't block within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Last guy before punter won't block

It's nearly impossible for me to return punts. I know many people are having this problem. But I have another problem and I wonder if you've had it and is there a fix:

Punt returner fields ball, miraculously there is a little space to attempt a return and there is a blocker about 6 yards in front of me... problem is, he doesn't block. He just pivots his body (like a matador) and stares at me. It's almost comical.

What say you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Last guy before punter won't block

well it's not only the last guy but every guy on your team that runs back to block for you have a high chance of just stopping and looking in your direction like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
It's nearly impossible for me to return punts. I know many people are having this problem. But I have another problem and I wonder if you've had it and is there a fix:

Punt returner fields ball, miraculously there is a little space to attempt a return and there is a blocker about 6 yards in front of me... problem is, he doesn't block. He just pivots his body (like a matador) and stares at me. It's almost comical.

What say you?
I actually noticed something about punt returns. If I call punt return middle, and they punt it to the left or right sidelines, then there will be no blocking set up for me to return it--therefore forcing me to call a fair catch. But if I chose punt return middle and they punt it straight ahead, I will have enough protection to get a solid 12-15 yard return (as long as the punt is deep enough).
Old 08-10-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

So, is there any fix for this? I thought I read somewhere that a few adjusted sliders might help. Which sliders should be adjusted and which way? And. will any sliders encourage my blockers to block?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »