Home

Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

This is a discussion on Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

This comes up now? I made a thread tellin someone to sim a season and tell me what happens with Vicks stats and no one does nothin...I open my game and this comes up.

Wow...smh.

But truthfully, I think this might be able to get fixed by adjusting some of ATLs settings, other than that I'm not really worried about the RBs stats. I'm sure sm27 will get on the job, but I don't think that this one will be too hard to fix.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #58
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Has anyone looked at pancakes? I know they sim fine, but my gameplay numbers seem real high. Anyone else?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #59
Pro

zpq12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
This comes up now? I made a thread tellin someone to sim a season and tell me what happens with Vicks stats and no one does nothin...I open my game and this comes up.

Wow...smh.

But truthfully, I think this might be able to get fixed by adjusting some of ATLs settings, other than that I'm not really worried about the RBs stats. I'm sure sm27 will get on the job, but I don't think that this one will be too hard to fix.
Has anyone seen him post or heard from him?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Has anyone looked at pancakes? I know they sim fine, but my gameplay numbers seem real high. Anyone else?
yep playing the game out, the pancakes are way high on default sliders.

i think if you put run blk and pass blk sliders 5 or less for human and cpu when playing your game out then you wont see high pancakes.

its important because if your getting high pancakes in franchise mode than the sim stats for pancakes, your going to see your offensive line progress really fast than the cpu teams.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #61
Pro

zpq12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
yep playing the game out, the pancakes are way high on default sliders.

i think if you put run blk and pass blk sliders 5 or less for human and cpu when playing your game out then you wont see high pancakes.

its important because if your getting high pancakes in franchise mode than the sim stats for pancakes, your going to see your offensive line progress really fast than the cpu teams.
Any good sliders yet? Thanks for the polite reply. It's so nice to be in a thread with intelligent and like-minded individuals - no matter how much steveo dislikes the sim engine. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

After looking at the sim engine, the one serious flaw it seems to have is that carries are WAY out of wack. The reason you get these 2000 yard rushers isn't YPC being crazy or anything, it's that RBs are getting 100 more carries than their career high. I don't know if anything can be done about it though, as I tested with different settings for accelerated clock, game length and difficulty, and nothing seemed to change it. If this really is unchangeable, that's very disappointing.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe the solution is to get backups more carries, how do numbers look for backup HBs?

I am thinking the best way is to maybe lower the stamina ratings of all HBs by 10 or so
Old 08-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was thinking the same thing, or maybe see if sub in/sub out settings work globally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »