Home

Flaw with the Cone

This is a discussion on Flaw with the Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Flaw with the Cone

Besides the one pointed out earlier about the cone giving away the draw play, the Cone has another flaw:

I've played about 20 games (PS2 and Xbox) over the last 2 days in tournaments (and practice), and it was a reoccurring theme...you can pass in the flats without the Cone.

It was huge b/c once someone figured it out, ev'one started doing it. Of course, many adjusted their defenses accordingly, but the fact remains that you can have your vision cone on the right side of the field, and still complete passes into the flats on the opposite side of the field at a high percentage.

Anyone else experience this? Hopefully this won't become the cheese passing play online.

For the record: my personal jury is still out on the Cone...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Flaw with the Cone

thats by design...and its still not 100% accurate. But the QB has an idea where the RB will be, so you can dump it off to them if you have to.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Thats how it is in real life though. The flats route is always "Plan B" for QBs.

And if someone abuses it, all you have to do is send a DE to go into a Flat Zone audible.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

it's not a flaw and this was pointed out a few weeks ago. IF you a qb you know ya rb's are in the flats they are your safety nets you shouldn't have to see them.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

just tackle the backs after they catch it and it is not an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #6
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
it's not a flaw and this was pointed out a few weeks ago. IF you a qb you know ya rb's are in the flats they are your safety nets you shouldn't have to see them.
ok, cool. I didn't know this was purposely designed. Everyone there thought it was a "slip" in the cone. 90% of the people there hadn't played before. %$!# I wish I had known that before losing in the semifinals. I didn't attempt any passes in the flats until I was already beat.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
ok, cool. I didn't know this was purposely designed. Everyone there thought it was a "slip" in the cone. 90% of the people there hadn't played before. %$!# I wish I had known that before losing in the semifinals. I didn't attempt any passes in the flats until I was already beat.
It makes sense. Shorter range throws you dont really need the cone to throw an adequate pass. I did notice that if you try zipping it to the flat without the cone, sometimes you overthrow your RB and toss it out of bounds
Old 08-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulman16
It makes sense. Shorter range throws you dont really need the cone to throw an adequate pass. I did notice that if you try zipping it to the flat without the cone, sometimes you overthrow your RB and toss it out of bounds

yep thats true i did that a few time and was like wtf "i thought throws to the flats were accurate"lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »