Home

Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #25
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
i'm not up on new acronyms. V&P?
QB Vision & Precision Passing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:38 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

roger that. i thought everyone was calling it "the cone" so i was thrown off momentarily.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just bought it and ****n aye I want my money back. If they took away "the cone" which isnt even that great and truck stick it would be madden 2005. The graphics are w/e and the game is w/e. Iits great to have rosters up to date and a new game mode. But for the love of god improve the gameplay. Improve problems within the game. EA justs adds new things to the game and acts like wow new game. For example: I've had enough of defenders accidentally running into an offensemen like backwards and them both tumblng over and falling. If thats all you need to tackle someone I could play in the NFL.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:09 AM   #28
Rookie

hydrostar's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by duppy00dead
EA justs adds new things to the game and acts like wow new game.

Um, isn't that usually how it works?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 AM   #29
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrostar
Um, isn't that usually how it works?
This should have been called Madden NFL 2005.5...
Old 08-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I have played 2 games so far and I don't think the V&P is bad at all. It ends up making this game that much more of a challenge. It gives the Madden gameplay that much needed change. But,

WTF happened to the PRESENTATION? Not enough replays. Not enough stat overlays during the gameplay. EA had a whole year to add to this and they didn't do jack in this department. I want to laugh at those that have battled with me that this game has improved presentation. I still feel like I am playing Madden 2005 with just the addition of the Truck Stick, V&P, and Roster Upgrade.
Yeah, I agree. I played for 3 hours and saw TWO damn replays! WTF? The punt returning is horrible, you have to call a fair catch everytime or you gain about 1-4 yards. Commentary blows again. It's still fun, but god damn EA, fix the gameplay issues everyone complains about every damn year. Oh and they need to literally just copy ESPN 2k5's running game, because Madden's is absolute crap even with the truck stick.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #31
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver
Yeah, I agree. I played for 3 hours and saw TWO damn replays! WTF? The punt returning is horrible, you have to call a fair catch everytime or you gain about 1-4 yards. Commentary blows again. It's still fun, but god damn EA, fix the gameplay issues everyone complains about every damn year. Oh and they need to literally just copy ESPN 2k5's running game, because Madden's is absolute crap even with the truck stick.
I couldn't even count on 1 hand how many replays I saw after playing 2 games. I would love to find the bozo that was praising this years presentation and slap them around. This is one thing that I miss from ESPN 2K5. I can't believe as to how EA had 1 yr to make the presentation better and they didn't. Madden 2006 is '05 in disguise. I don't think it would have taken that long to add TV style presentation like ESPN had.

Again, I hope this is being saved for Madden 360 because we are in for a long 5 years if that is how long the deal is for.

The commentary this year is not so bad as it seems that Michaels has more lines than years past and Madden is not as annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 02:58 AM   #32
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
the line that was outside the ebagmes where I got my copy from say's it all, Madden will still sell strong no matter what the reviews say....
Of course it will sell strong, I don't think anyone doubts that. The real question is will it sell strong enough to make up for what they paid for the exclusie license. If they don't get damn near all of the market of people who were in the Sega market, then they probably won't make up the cost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »