Home

This really cracks me up....

This is a discussion on This really cracks me up.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:53 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: This really cracks me up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
So by that logic, that means McDonalds should start serving rotten, right out the trash food, just because its McDonalds and they will get their money regardless? Kinda like my Cubbies. They refuse to put a top product on the field even though they can easily afford it, but the masses come anyway so its just more money in the upper brass' pockets. F*ck that.

I think that is such B.S. Whatever happened to quality before quantity?
You do understand that Madden is still a playable game...right? The correlation you made was, to be frank, piss poor because the belief you hold is that Madden is complete and utter trash. Meaning absolutely nothing good is in it. Nothing.

The idea that a game that is getting over 8.0 reviews is akin to rotting food out of the dumpster is just a terrible analogy. If you're going to do something like this, maybe getting better material would be the call of the day?

Yeah, I'm thinking so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
So the ACC should work around FSU having the worst academic scandal in recent history? Maybe FSU should stop cheating, fighting, packing gats, and act like normal people.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:55 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

I am very happy that EA does not make cars. Could you imagine a AUTO dealer that sells you a truck with a crappy engine, crappy suspension, crappy transmission, bad ball joints, bad brakes, but to make up for it they market a new full box frame to replace the old frame the year before? Think EA.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:56 AM   #11
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Thumbs up Re: This really cracks me up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I am very happy that EA does make cars. Could you imagine a AUTO dealer that sells you a truck with a crappy engine, crappy suspension, crappy transmission, bad ball joints, bad brakes, but to make up for it they market a new full box frame to replace the old frame the year before? Think EA.
LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 AM   #12
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoldill
You do understand that Madden is still a playable game...right? The correlation you made was, to be frank, piss poor because the belief you hold is that Madden is complete and utter trash. Meaning absolutely nothing good is in it. Nothing.

The idea that a game that is getting over 8.0 reviews is akin to rotting food out of the dumpster is just a terrible analogy. If you're going to do something like this, maybe getting better material would be the call of the day?

Yeah, I'm thinking so.

Obviously you don't know how to read between the lines. The correlation I'm making is that a large company feels that they don't have to go above and beyond because their pockets will still get that green. I use the Cubs because they are a perfect example of a large company with lots of money and resources that just sit on their *** and don't improve the product. They just make sure they collect their profit.

You took the McDonalds analogy at face value. Make sure you read and understand someone's post before you jump them.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 AM   #13
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

What really cracks me up is all the different threads we have on this board saying the same exact thing.

We know you don't like EA, and I'm sure by now everyones heard all these gripes that you guys have. Find another thread with the same exact stuff and just post this there, because there are already threads like this.

BTW, I find this to be the best playing Madden to date, maybe you should give it a fair try before judging, or just leave the Madden boards for good and stick with 2k roster updates.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:23 AM   #14
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
What really cracks me up is all the different threads we have on this board saying the same exact thing.

We know you don't like EA, and I'm sure by now everyones heard all these gripes that you guys have. Find another thread with the same exact stuff and just post this there, because there are already threads like this.

BTW, I find this to be the best playing Madden to date, maybe you should give it a fair try before judging, or just leave the Madden boards for good and stick with 2k roster updates.

Maybe we have the right to b*tch and complain. Last time I checked, I didn't use your $50 bucks to purchase this game. I like EA a lot, I just think they don't have the right to charge so much for so less.

BTW, I have been a Madden die-hard since 1992. I definitely have the right to complain.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 AM   #15
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
Maybe we have the right to b*tch and complain. Last time I checked, I didn't use your $50 bucks to purchase this game. I like EA a lot, I just think they don't have the right to charge so much for so less.

BTW, I have been a Madden die-hard since 1992. I definitely have the right to complain.
Which is where we differ. Other than 2K, because they had to do something for people to buy their game, every video game is 50 dollars, and there are a lot of sequels out there who have far less improvements than this series does, yet people don't complain about those. And I'm still sticking with the fact that this game is far better than Madden 05.

I never said you don't have the right, I just said there are enough of these threads...I'm sure you could find one that shares you views and just post "I agree" rather than start a whole nother thread to get the same message across.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:12 AM   #16
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Which is where we differ. Other than 2K, because they had to do something for people to buy their game, every video game is 50 dollars, and there are a lot of sequels out there who have far less improvements than this series does, yet people don't complain about those. And I'm still sticking with the fact that this game is far better than Madden 05.

I never said you don't have the right, I just said there are enough of these threads...I'm sure you could find one that shares you views and just post "I agree" rather than start a whole nother thread to get the same message across.
Longhorn6 I wasn't going to say anything, but you need to get your head out of EA butt. I mean you have jumped on everyone on this board for just speaking their minds if you don't like it. Read it and stfu. I mean really, telling people to get out of a Madden forum because they don't like the game is just messed up. Wake up and smell the roses. If their are multiple threads about the same thing, then obviously the game is an issue. And to even use your Madden-Fan mouth to say 2k had to use something every year to sell their games is just bogus. EA throws in all the gimmicks and b.s false advertising commercials to sell their games so get that fact straight. One of 2k fallbacks was they really didn't advertise much at all. So know your history before you try to make something into a 2k vs EA bashing. We don't need anymore of that mess.

2k made great games. EA use too...fact is to get EA back on track to getting Madden up to the level it should be. People need to bash this game and continue to, because no doubt Madden 06 is nothing more than an upgrade with a couple new features. Nothing is honestly improved. Everyone who is saying, oh this is great. The gameplay is better blah blah blah....You guys are trying to find something good to say just because you are die-hard madden junkies...but in all honestly the game is identical to 2005, if you remove truck stick and QB Vision. Same commentary, graphics, presentation and franchise minus little things thrown in for no reason. Even the create a fan crap that nobody uses.

You should have seen the extreme bashing from the moment they got the NFL rights, expectations were extremely high, only for everyone to be let down. Now you even have some fans still in denial, saying if the 360 version isn't better then...blah blah blah...Damn it people stop giving them chances and excuses. Because the 360 version will be nothing more than a graphic boost of the regular XBOX version....Don't get your hopes up. You know why they aren't showing anything. Because they can show 2 commercials 2 days before 360 launch and you will still buy Madden, because its Madden. They get paid regardless and you get screwed.

I rented Madden 06 Played for a few hours last night and all day yesterday and looked for alot of things to make myself enjoy it. You know what I'm already tired of it. I finally put down NCAA 06 just to give it the benefit of the doubt. And again disappointed. NCAA 06 is just more fun to play.

Freedom of speech so people Rant on..to be honest these threads are hilarious yet truthful....

Last edited by Behindshadows; 08-10-2005 at 03:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »