Home

This really cracks me up....

This is a discussion on This really cracks me up.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
This really cracks me up....

First off, I have to say I'm a SEGA fan all the way. Yes, I've purchased some Madden games in the past, but I haven't purchased one in the last three years. So I'm reading the reviews to see what the big "White Elephant" EA Sports has to offer this time around, and more than three-quarters of the reviews I've read ALL SAY THE SAME THING! It's like one guy reads the other guys review, and BAM, he writes the same thing but with a little twist. The one really comical thing I find the most intriguing is, and I quote, "if you don't like the new passing cone system, you can simply turn it off." Are you kidding me?!?! EA has gone on a mass-marketing campaign to sell this new technology, and for $49.99 they're telling you that you can turn it off! What a joke!! So now, you're going to buy this game to play some side-show junk that I've personally read and heard is so messed up, it isn't even worth playing. EA did nothing to enhance its game this year other than the passing. I continually laugh out loud when I see mindless reviewers giving a sub-par, out-of-date game engine scores like 5/5 and 10/10. Read this: THERE IS NO GAME MADE TO DATE, THAT IS PERFECT! Case closed! Yes, the Madden series has set the standard from the begining, and there were some years when the game ranked far above the rest. But let's face it people, EA definitely played their cards right when they closed the NFL deal, but the bottom line is this; the game isn't really as good as most reviewers make it out to be. It's nothing more than a price gouging upgrade that EA could give two-****s about their loyal followers, just so they can make the all-mighty green back to satisfy their share holders! Hey EA! Get off your coat-tail piece of junk and WOW me, before you'll get another penny of out of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: This really cracks me up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins20
First off, I have to say I'm a SEGA fan all the way. Yes, I've purchased some Madden games in the past, but I haven't purchased one in the last three years. So I'm reading the reviews to see what the big "White Elephant" EA Sports has to offer this time around, and more than three-quarters of the reviews I've read ALL SAY THE SAME THING! It's like one guy reads the other guys review, and BAM, he writes the same thing but with a little twist. The one really comical thing I find the most intriguing is, and I quote, "if you don't like the new passing cone system, you can simply turn it off." Are you kidding me?!?! EA has gone on a mass-marketing campaign to sell this new technology, and for $49.99 they're telling you that you can turn it off! What a joke!! So now, you're going to buy this game to play some side-show junk that I've personally read and heard is so messed up, it isn't even worth playing. EA did nothing to enhance its game this year other than the passing. I continually laugh out loud when I see mindless reviewers giving a sub-par, out-of-date game engine scores like 5/5 and 10/10. Read this: THERE IS NO GAME MADE TO DATE, THAT IS PERFECT! Case closed! Yes, the Madden series has set the standard from the begining, and there were some years when the game ranked far above the rest. But let's face it people, EA definitely played their cards right when they closed the NFL deal, but the bottom line is this; the game isn't really as good as most reviewers make it out to be. It's nothing more than a price gouging upgrade that EA could give two-****s about their loyal followers, just so they can make the all-mighty green back to satisfy their share holders! Hey EA! Get off your coat-tail piece of junk and WOW me, before you'll get another penny of out of me.
To each his own. To me, ESPN was all show and no gameplay.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Regardless. It's a bad thing there is no more ESPN. It shouldn't have happend but it did and now EA is the only one. Other than that, enough of the crying.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:32 AM   #4
Meatball

OVR:

I agree with this post. I'm not impressed either. If EA is going to give us something just to wet our appetite for a few months or a whole year, depending on what system you are getting, then they should only charge about $20-$30 bucks for this piece of garbage. The vision cone aint all that bad, but it aint enough. Choosing your parents???? C'mon man...what kind of crap is that? I am a Madden diehard and I am starting to get pissed. This is almost as bad as the jump from Madden 2002 to Madden 2003.

Where does EA get off by selling this roster update for $50??!?!!!?

The next gen Madden better blow me away or I'll be happy just playing Halo.

P.S. You think this billion dollar company can actually put out a game on the next gen systems without any glitches??? Miracles can happen.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #5
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins20
It's nothing more than a price gouging upgrade that EA could give two-****s about their loyal followers, just so they can make the all-mighty green back to satisfy their share holders! Hey EA! Get off your coat-tail piece of junk and WOW me, before you'll get another penny of out of me.
The stockholders are the most important group to satisfy. And EA isn't going to miss your $50. You know what? EA is still going to make millions of dollars from Madden. Pretty silly to get so worked up about it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:43 AM   #6
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
The stockholders are the most important group to satisfy. And EA isn't going to miss your $50. You know what? EA is still going to make millions of dollars from Madden. Pretty silly to get so worked up about it.

So by that logic, that means McDonalds should start serving rotten, right out the trash food, just because its McDonalds and they will get their money regardless? Kinda like my Cubbies. They refuse to put a top product on the field even though they can easily afford it, but the masses come anyway so its just more money in the upper brass' pockets. F*ck that.

I think that is such B.S. Whatever happened to quality before quantity?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #7
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
To each his own. To me, ESPN was all show and no gameplay.
That's your opinion on ESPN being all show and no gameplay. Besides the problems with bugs/glitches, VC tried very hard every year to innovate in the right direction with the NFL2K games. EA has sold not only you, but everyone that has picked up a Madden game the same game engine from 2000. Then if we want to go further, it is the same engine from the Genesis days.

If you don't mind paying $50 for a roster update, V&P, and the Truck Stick that's your decision. The presentation is so darn boring.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 AM   #8
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
So by that logic, that means McDonalds should start serving rotten, right out the trash food, just because its McDonalds and they will get their money regardless? Kinda like my Cubbies. They refuse to put a top product on the field even though they can easily afford it, but the masses come anyway so its just more money in the upper brass' pockets. F*ck that.

I think that is such B.S. Whatever happened to quality before quantity?
I agree with you. I've been a Cubs fan for 25 years. It saddens me knowing that they have the money to get the top product but they don't. I have to give it to Jim Hendry with the wonderful moves he has made over the last 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »