Home

Online Play Light Years Behind

This is a discussion on Online Play Light Years Behind within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Online Play Light Years Behind

Im a 2k Player for the last 3 yrs and ive now played madden for a day straight online. Im not complaining about actual gameplay only that Maddens Online options are a joke here they are-

1.40 sec clock online is not working properly (runs while defense is picking once every 4 to 7 downs and speeds up) -this is 2006 not an acceptable bug
2.CANNOT SHUT DOWN CONE OF VIEW -unacceptable
3.Cannot adjust weather settings-no biggie to me cause I only like clear day football
4.Ranked games are only 4 min qtrs and unadjustable-thats not enough time to run much more than 20 plays each wich gives totally un life like final stats(wich I always thought maddenites said thier game strived to be!)
5.Does not keep any stats,who you played previously,how many games you played,no scores,how many times you run left or right, NO player profiles unless it is a 4min ranked game,etc....-I play guys on my friends list only and want to play more meaningful games with 6min qtrs wich give more real life stats on all pro and I cant believe I must write down how many times I beat them or they beat me what a joke in the year 2006, its a shame 2k series had all this profile stats wether ranked or not!
6.Of course theres no downloadable player profiles to play your opponents offline #5 says it all
7.Headset goes on and off all by itself multiple times during game and that little mic in the bottom corner is going red and green during the games -when I create a game is the only time I want know if my opponent is using his headset or not.
8.Cannot invite more than 1 person to join a game
9.FATIGUE I did a 6min test game online with fatigue on (cant even determine fatigue level without exiting the game there are no bars under guys or percentages ?)
9a.ran curtis martin 11 straight times fatigue was no factor and It had no automatic substitutions with an 88yrd drive ?
9b.my friend had 76yrd 14play drive no one on my defense subed out and I stood in same 4-3 scheme every play to try and fatigue them ?
10. Only 4 and 8 man tournaments
11. No online leagues (not even a friends list compitition)
12. Cant challenge calls

The only thing I can gather from all of this is EA is pulling an early April fools joke on us and we will all get a free copy of the REAL Madden 06 when the next Gen systems come out.Its truly a sad day in football gaming that we have actualy gone many, many years backwards with online play!!!!

Last edited by dguru; 08-10-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Online Play Light Years Behind

Every single one of EA's games online leave a lot to be desired...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

What a joke.

Now I'm even happier that I decided to give my copy back at Midnight Maddeness.

THANK YOU 2K GAMES for keeping 2K5 online . . . back to the kick-*** league I'm in, now . . .
Old 08-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
What a joke.

Now I'm even happier that I decided to give my copy back at Midnight Maddeness.

THANK YOU 2K GAMES for keeping 2K5 online . . . back to the kick-*** league I'm in, now . . .
Lol,that is pretty sad,EA wants to be looked at as the king of Football games but year in and year out, yet they dissapoint in some area.I for one think EA could have implemented online leagues similar to 2k(free of charge)but all they want is to make as much money as possible,which is understandable,but they don't give a rats azz about the consumer.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
Lol,that is pretty sad,EA wants to be looked at as the king of Football games but year in and year out, yet they dissapoint in some area.I for one think EA could have implemented online leagues similar to 2k(free of charge)but all they want is to make as much money as possible,which is understandable,but they don't give a rats azz about the consumer.
To be considered the "King of Football" for 2006 titles you need to have a football game available don't you think? Which company has one and which company doesn't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
To be considered the "King of Football" for 2006 titles you need to have a football game available don't you think? Which company has one and which company doesn't?

Well, sad enough for EA, 2K5 is still the reigning king of online football for at least another season.

And I believe that most football games of the past 5 years are readily available, don't you?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
Just because you have the most money to buy the NFL license doesnt automaticaly make you "King of Football". I could have a company and be the only one to put out an NBA game this year, doesnt exactly mean my game is super or "King of Basketball"
Old 08-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm really gonna miss NFL 2K5's online features... especially the leagues.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »