Home

When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post

This is a discussion on When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
This post makes a lot more sense than your earlier ones. For that reason, I'm going to apologize for my previous remarks.
Way to own it Coogrfan. You and I disagree mostly in regards to madden an espn 2k5, but in my opinion you are a well respected poster here. This post is the reason I believe that. I think what dawg is saying is there are certain things about the offense that if a defender picks up on can cause entirely too many interceptions (along with super db's which was a problem with last years game). I think however with time and practice Coogr is saying most of these can be overcome.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

The passing itself isnt so hard, and neither is the cone, its the DB's who seem to have insane verticals and jump up for most passes. Even with the vision, your QB isnt the one who throws too many inaccurate passes, its more the DB who is able to stick with your receiver no matter what and is able to bat down most passes. Even if i throw a lob in 1 on 1 coverage ahead of the defender, the is able to jump up and bat it down everytime. I rarely overthrow which is what is more likely to happen in the NFL on a deep ball then a DB jumping incredibly high to knock a pass down
Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #35

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
The passing itself isnt so hard, and neither is the cone, its the DB's who seem to have insane verticals and jump up for most passes. Even with the vision, your QB isnt the one who throws too many inaccurate passes, its more the DB who is able to stick with your receiver no matter what and is able to bat down most passes. Even if i throw a lob in 1 on 1 coverage ahead of the defender, the is able to jump up and bat it down everytime. I rarely overthrow which is what is more likely to happen in the NFL on a deep ball then a DB jumping incredibly high to knock a pass down
Out of curiosty have you tried messing with the knockdown slider and or the Interception slider? I know on NCAA for some reason lowering the INT slider made a difference in terms of players flying all over the field and diving to tip the ball. Just trying to help if I can is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Out of curiosty have you tried messing with the knockdown slider and or the Interception slider? I know on NCAA for some reason lowering the INT slider made a difference in terms of players flying all over the field and diving to tip the ball. Just trying to help if I can is all.
No I havent yet, I'm going to see if anyone who did NCAA sliders comes out with a good set for Madden :]
Old 08-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #37

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
No I havent yet, I'm going to see if anyone who did NCAA sliders comes out with a good set for Madden :]
Im almost positive that Playmakers is coming out with some Madden sliders at some point, I would definently give them a shot when he does, his NCAA sliders were nearly perfect for me as well as many others and provided for a fun yet dynamic gaming experience where you actually felt that you could lose to a team that wasnt quite as good as you, you still had the blowouts against inferior teams, ie. Miami vs The Citadel, but overrall it made for a great gaming experience all the way around in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Im almost positive that Playmakers is coming out with some Madden sliders at some point, I would definently give them a shot when he does, his NCAA sliders were nearly perfect for me as well as many others and provided for a fun yet dynamic gaming experience where you actually felt that you could lose to a team that wasnt quite as good as you, you still had the blowouts against inferior teams, ie. Miami vs The Citadel, but overrall it made for a great gaming experience all the way around in my opinion.
Yeah I used Jistic's but will give Playmaker's a try in both NCAA sooner or later, and in Madden
Old 08-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #39
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
Before you go throwing around your genius, pay attention. I never stated I throw deep all game long. You're another one who hasn't posted a name. All I'm reading are Einsteins telling me how to pass the ball, yet not indicating why I'm GETTING so many interceptions per game? No one is reading, you're just attacking.

Possibly I could be great defensively, and just suck on offense? I have admitted I'm not the greatest passer. I've always been a heck of a runner on Madden, and not with QB's. The running game isn't as strong this year as people indicated, because defenders are breaking blocks much faster. Mizzou23, you can take Coogarts place if you want. Since you're Oh so great at passing. Let's see if you can get 200 yds passing against me then.
Ok I'll bite.

First, I don't have a PS2 name because I have Madden for Xbox. And I don't shell out the money for Live because when I have time to play the game, I like to play Franchise mode.

When you are getting excessive interceptions, are you playing against the CPU or another person? You said you played some guy online and got a lot of INT's, so I'm assuming that you're excessive INT's occur with another human player. Maybe the other person isn't passing well. I have no idea. The game has been out for all of a day, so I doubt there are many people that have mastered the new passing system (yourself included). It will take some time to really get good at it.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #40
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Ignoring all the saber rattling, I'll say that it is tough to gage how much touch is needed on many of the throws. I know I find myself throwing too many floaty passes when more of a rope was needed. In past Maddens balls thrown on a rope were almost always gobbled up by lbs or safties. With the element of high or low throws being added to precision, and the lbs not being as uber, you can gun some of those passes into a smaller seam now.

I'm playing on all pro and I find that the CPU actually makes more bad passes then I do.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »