Home

So does this game stink or not?

This is a discussion on So does this game stink or not? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
So does this game stink or not?

I am trying to decide whether or not to buy this year and so far I have heard extreme opposite views for Madden 2006. Should I buy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: So does this game stink or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
I am trying to decide whether or not to buy this year and so far I have heard extreme opposite views for Madden 2006. Should I buy?
If your not sure y don't you rent first?

Personally, I like it<--enjoyed 2k last year
Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 AM   #3
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

I have to admit passing is VERY frustrating!! And it looks like last years game.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I prefer the 2k series to Madden, but I always buy both. If you liked last years game, I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this one. To me, the gameplay feels the same except that you have an added step while passing the ball. Although I get sacked a lot while I am getting used to this new passing system, I think it is a nice feature.
Originally I was going to wait for the 360 version, but I knew I would give in once the preseason games started. If you need your NFL fix with updated rosters, give it a try. All in all, it is a good game not a great one (same ole Madden core gameplay to me which isn't that much of a bad thing). If you don't mind spending $50 now and $60 later for Madden, I would pick it up.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

ITs pretty similar to last years except that movment overall seems alot less loose, you les apt to over running plays because the game speed has been imensly slowed down which i love but some wont, its still mario based steering in the runing game but what can we do but complain, its not the worse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

If your an online player as I am you must read this 1st this is list of ONLINE garbage we paid for! 2k was maddens DADDY in this area

1.40 sec clock online is not working properly (runs while defense is picking once every 4 to 7 downs) -this is 2006 not an acceptable bug
2.CANNOT SHUT DOWN CONE OF VIEW -unacceptable
3.Cannot adjust weather settings-no biggie to me cause I only like clear day football
4.Ranked games are only 4 min qtrs and unadjustable-thats not enough time to run much more than 20 plays each wich gives totally un life like final stats(wich I always thought maddenites said thier game strived to be!)
5.Does not keep any stats,who you played previously,how many games you played,no scores,how many times you run left or right, NO player profiles unless it is a 4min ranked game,etc....-I play guys on my friends list only and want to play more meaningful games with 6min qtrs wich give more real life stats on all pro and I cant believe I must write down how many times I beat them or they beat me what a joke in the year 2006, its a shame 2k series had all this profile stats wether ranked or not!
6.Of course theres no downloadable player profiles to play your opponents offline #5 says it all
7.Headset goes on and off all by itself multiple times during game and that little mic in the bottom corner is going red and green during the games -when I create a game is the only time I want know if my opponent is using his headset or not.
8.Cannot invite more than 1 person to join a game
9.FATIGUE I did a 6min test game online with fatigue on (cant even determine fatigue level without exiting the game there are no bars under guys or percentages ?)
9a.ran curtis martin 11 straight times fatigue was no factor and had no automatic substitutions with an 88yrd drive ?
9b.my friend had 76yrd 14play drive no one on defense subed out and I stood in same 4-3 scheme every play to try and make them substitute?
10. Only 4 and 8 man tournaments
11. No online leagues (not even a friends list compitition)

The only thing I can gather from all of this is EA is pulling an early April fools joke on us and we will all get a free copy of the REAL Madden 06 when the next Gen systems come out.
Its truly a sad day in football gaming that we have actualy gone many many years backwards with online play especially when $20.00 got us all of this and more last year!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »