Home

Why has this game messed the schedule up

This is a discussion on Why has this game messed the schedule up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why has this game messed the schedule up

Since Madden 03, this game has always messed up the game schedules after the first season. What I mean is after you play the real actual schedule the first year, your second season gets out of wack.No Nfl Team is scheduled more then 3 games at home or away in a row in real NFL. I see teams have 5 games in a row at home or a away. Or the stupid 2 home, 2 away schedule for the whole year. You would think after all these years this would be fixed, but i guess not. This and the simmed stats are things that should not get messed up in the game b/c they are easy to find. All someone has to do at EA is keeping simming season and see what stuff needs to be more realistic and changed it. L. Tomillson rushes for 2500 yards and vick's annually 11 yards a cary should not be in the game, b/c its not real. Maybe if it was one of those once in a blue moon things then fine, but not this much. This and the schedule stuff I talked about is not the biggest deal, but it would make the results of real gameplay go better with the cpu stats. With the schedules the teams do play 8 home games and 8 away games so that is right, but not the way they are played out one by one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why has this game messed the schedule up

Teams do play 3 home games or road games in a row. THe Eagles did it last year and they do it again this year at home, weeks 12-14 at home in a row this year.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M~Easy27
Teams do play 3 home games or road games in a row. THe Eagles did it last year and they do it again this year at home, weeks 12-14 at home in a row this year.
He said no team is scheduled for MORE THAN 3 home/away games in a row. Thank you for backing up what the thread originator wrote.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

My fault. I missed the more than part.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Actually, EA did a good job with the scheduling, much better than ESPN 2k5, in which the schedules did not rotate properly, giving you the same intraconference opponents for several years in a row and not allowing teams to play a certain interconference division, even after many seasons.

You will notice in this game that teams play the correct opponents in 2006 and subsequent seasons (the actual future opponents are in the NFL Record and Fact book). The home and away isn't entirely accurate for 2006 schedules, but not a big deal.

The key is a team is assured of playing every other NFL team at least once in a four-year period, just like the real NFL schedule, and quite unlike 2k5.

As far as teams playing four or five straight home and road games, I haven't seen too much of that, but it wouldn't bother me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlr
Since Madden 03, this game has always messed up the game schedules after the first season. What I mean is after you play the real actual schedule the first year, your second season gets out of wack.No Nfl Team is scheduled more then 3 games at home or away in a row in real NFL. I see teams have 5 games in a row at home or a away. Or the stupid 2 home, 2 away schedule for the whole year. You would think after all these years this would be fixed, but i guess not. This and the simmed stats are things that should not get messed up in the game b/c they are easy to find. All someone has to do at EA is keeping simming season and see what stuff needs to be more realistic and changed it. L. Tomillson rushes for 2500 yards and vick's annually 11 yards a cary should not be in the game, b/c its not real. Maybe if it was one of those once in a blue moon things then fine, but not this much. This and the schedule stuff I talked about is not the biggest deal, but it would make the results of real gameplay go better with the cpu stats. With the schedules the teams do play 8 home games and 8 away games so that is right, but not the way they are played out one by one.

You are right it isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it should be something that EA should of found and fix easily. Sim a couple of seasons and look at the other teams schedules and you will see what i mean. Playing the other confrences the next year is good. That would bother me more if i had to play the same out of cofrence games every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »