Home

Question about custom soundtracks

This is a discussion on Question about custom soundtracks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Question about custom soundtracks

Am I doing something wrong or is the custom soundtrack option pretty much worthless? I went in to the jukebox and turned off all that rap crap and added about 20 songs of my own. Then I played a game and during the game I heard all of the awful music that I had just turned off. Also I didn't hear any of my songs during the game, just in the menus.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere else in order to get the music I want to be played during the games or is this another great EA idea where the custom soundtrack feature works where you spend 10% of your time, but doesn't work where you spend 90% of your time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Question about custom soundtracks

Sorry you cant hear the custom soundtracks in the game. Only in 03...
Old 08-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Am I doing something wrong or is the custom soundtrack option pretty much worthless? I went in to the jukebox and turned off all that rap crap and added about 20 songs of my own. Then I played a game and during the game I heard all of the awful music that I had just turned off. Also I didn't hear any of my songs during the game, just in the menus.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere else in order to get the music I want to be played during the games or is this another great EA idea where the custom soundtrack feature works where you spend 10% of your time, but doesn't work where you spend 90% of your time?

I thought I did something wrong too, but nope, I hear all the crap I turned off.

This was my first madden for xbox. I wish it was like 2k5 in that regard.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choker
I thought I did something wrong too, but nope, I hear all the crap I turned off.

This was my first madden for xbox. I wish it was like 2k5 in that regard.
Yeah, the way you could choose your in game sounds last year in 2k was sweet. Wish they had that option in Madden.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Any "rap" song in a video game is gonna suck...Tech N9ne is usually amazing with his delivery and cadence but his track in the game blows.

But no, you can't turn it off in the game. And of course, custom soundtracks are really pointless for me, I have the drive on my XBOX that can't read burned CD's.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea you didnt do anything wrong its the game, not you dont worry. But however you did do something extremely correct........turned the rap stuff off. Sorry to all the rap fans out there. Anyways has anyone heard the NFL films original music in a game(no the remixes)?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
Any "rap" song in a video game is gonna suck...Tech N9ne is usually amazing with his delivery and cadence but his track in the game blows.

But no, you can't turn it off in the game. And of course, custom soundtracks are really pointless for me, I have the drive on my XBOX that can't read burned CD's.
Which drive do you have? The Thompson?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One

Well the "rap" song sucking in video games is gonna change with NBA 2k6. Have you seen the lineup? REAL hip hop artists. The Roots, Common, etc. Not that crap that record companies crank out so Bobby and Tommy in the suburbs can get thier taste of "ghetto life" lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »