Home

Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

This is a discussion on Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

I prefer to make the human element of the game more of a mental contribution vs. hand eye coordination. The mental part of the game plays out more in play calling, audibles, depth chart, packages, etc...

I think NCAA has done a good job with adding some degree of variability with regards to ratings by adding Home Field Advantage and composure (related to experience). If madden had something that impacted ratings like a hot and cold streak which is impacted by low performing games coupled with off the field issues, this would make the game even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
No, not even teams, but the user's skill meaning a lot, in a "realistic" manner. The more that you go towards ratings meaning everything, the more you would get the Pats winning 9 times out of 10. I would say 10 out of 10, because the ratings will not change from game to game. A qb could have 3 great games in a row and the 4th game be straight garbage (think Brady against the Phins at the end of the season, or Manning against the Pats). Also, a qb could just stink for most of the season, but then they have one game where they can't miss. How would ratings account for this? They can't. Also, players play better or worse, depending on the team that they are on. Look at the Steelers, # 1 ranked defense, but their corners are not that great. Put Manning on a team with a bad oline and subpar receivers, see how many touchdowns he throws. I think that people want a "sim" in the sense that what happens in the game is "believable." Ratings should count to a certain extent but there should be enough relying on the gamer's skill to overcome playing against a higher rated team.
Good post and good discussion you guys have had thus far...I want my game to be "sim-like", but that doesn't mean that if I use the Browns and play against the Patriots I think I should lose every time....why would I play if I couldn't make the team better? I have "played" straight sim games (Front Office Football, Football Mogul, etc) whicher were text based sims on the CPU and in those I have no control over the action, just negotiating contracts, setting depth charts and play style, etc. I find that enjoyable, but that isn't what I settle in on my couch and plug in my Xbox to do. I want to have an impact on the outcome of the game by what I as a gamer do. I don't want to look for loopholes in the code, find the secret glitches that will guarantee me a TD everytime, or anything like that, but I want a combination of my player management, play calling and stick skills to help me come out on top.

I try to win every game I play in every sports game. Of course, I also try to find the difficulty level that allows me to be challenged as well. I want the game to perform within the laws of physics and the teams to use their players in a believable manner (ie Vick may average 11 yards per carry, but he sure ain't rushing for 1800 yards this season). Other than that though, it is up to me to make my players "perform" their best....

To each their own, but frankly there are much better options out there for football simulations if you don't actually intend to have any effect on the on-field gameplay. Madden, 2k5, and all sports games frankly on the XBOX or PS2 are made to be played, not watched IMO. And to be very honest that's why I play them as well.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
No, EA always had a reason why you couldn't lead your receivers in the past. Was it Game Day that would allow you to throw to a specific spot on the field???? I would like to see a small marker move around the field to give you more control but I think too many would cry foul as it would boost the difficulty level by a mile. However, it would be a great option to have that one could turn on or off like in baseball.
I know one of the past versions of NCAA allowed you to throw to a specific spot w/ analog passing where u would use the right analog to aim and i think click it in to throw or click in the left one, or something like that. Can't remeber which year, but I'm almost 100% sure it was NCAA.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #44
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
WOW!!! Someone is very sensitive today. Simmer down. Jeez...he mentioned a post in his blog...you would think he did something really stupid like use a girl's name on a gaming board to garner attention. Man...THAT would be pathetic!!!
I've been a member for 3 years and this a great site, but I do have a complaint: We shouldn't have to read through this junk in the threads. The mods warn posters for attacking others in here. This in my opinion is an attack or provocation or whatever you want to call it. My suggestion is either don't respond, or if you want to debate, PM each other and don't drag us through the drama.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #45
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopadres
I've been a member for 3 years and this a great site, but I do have a complaint: We shouldn't have to read through this junk in the threads. The mods warn posters for attacking others in here. This in my opinion is an attack or provocation or whatever you want to call it. My suggestion is either don't respond, or if you want to debate, PM each other and don't drag us through the drama.
Get real. That was nowhere near an attack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #46
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Why are you even in the Madden forum anymore being that you hate the game and have given an impression (in the impressions thread) that this year's version is boring and nothing but a roster update? Why do you care what others have to say about the game? You already made up your mind.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #47
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
"Someone is being sensitive" is an attack???? OK.... a FEW people are being too sensitive.

My suggestion....find a new forum if this has bothered you for 3 years.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #48
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
WOW!!! Someone is very sensitive today. Simmer down. Jeez...he mentioned a post in his blog...you would think he did something really stupid like use a girl's name on a gaming board to garner attention. Man...THAT would be pathetic!!!
That what I call "getting served"

really hard.

LOL, samatha's interest in football gaming is a bit "curious" and rather likea "dry cracker"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »