Home

Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

This is a discussion on Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
First person football - ...Because it's not realistic. Once you've done the, hold right trigger, press button, let go of right trigger, push button, 100 times, passing will not be much different than it was in the past. Basically, what it implies is, you throw more accurate passes to receivers you can see and poor passes to receivers you can't see. Awareness, vision, poise, etc. are more than the qb seeing their receivers. There is not that much of a difference in peripheral vision, amongst NFL qb's, as the vision cone implies. Manning can't see that much of the field. If you don't believe me, watch replays of the last three games against the Patriots. He missed some wide open guys who were on the same side of the field as the double covered guy he threw to. How many NFL quarterbacks throw the ball to receivers that they are not looking at? I would rather have a system that only showed the icons for the receivers that the qb could see and only allowed you to throw to receivers that have icons. Pushing the button mapped to a receiver that is not in the qb's line of site would turn his head toward that receiver and the icon would show up. Press the button again and make the pass. This would force you to remember where your receivers are and the button that they are mapped to. It would also get the "flashlight" off of the field.
Now if they would have implemented it in your way, it would have been legit and I would have called it a great addition. I too find it distracting, seeing a flashlight on the field.

Nice idea!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:24 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Steelaz1966

First person football - Not a gimmick but an alternate game mode.
The Crib - Waste of time that could have been spent testing. Most 2k fans
said so in the past and would agree now.
Charge up - Gimmick, arcade crap that most 2k fans seemed to like but I
didn't.
If the vision cone was in 2k, I still wouldn't like it. Why? Because it's not realistic. Once you've done the, hold right trigger, press button, let go of right trigger, push button, 100 times, passing will not be much different than it was in the past. Basically, what it implies is, you throw more accurate passes to receivers you can see and poor passes to receivers you can't see. Awareness, vision, poise, etc. are more than the qb seeing their receivers. There is not that much of a difference in peripheral vision, amongst NFL qb's, as the vision cone implies. Manning can't see that much of the field. If you don't believe me, watch replays of the last three games against the Patriots. He missed some wide open guys who were on the same side of the field as the double covered guy he threw to. How many NFL quarterbacks throw the ball to receivers that they are not looking at? I would rather have a system that only showed the icons for the receivers that the qb could see and only allowed you to throw to receivers that have icons. Pushing the button mapped to a receiver that is not in the qb's line of site would turn his head toward that receiver and the icon would show up. Press the button again and make the pass. This would force you to remember where your receivers are and the button that they are mapped to. It would also get the "flashlight" off of the field.
your idea is pretty much how the alternate passing system in fever 2004 worked....it was called trigger passing..in it you had to hit the button of your receiver for your qb to turn to look at him, it would then give you a cursor like the read and lead cursor, and you would be able to place the ball where you wanted it, if you do not hit the button of the receiver would be no cursor for him and you couldn't throw the ball his way.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 14

TRANING CAMP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, it is reason enough for me to throw away the game. Why? Because I don't have time to screw around with the same thing over and over again. I just wanted to dive right into the action and get it done and over with. But noooooo, the GEEEKKKKSSS who made Madden really need to step further by adding this FRUSTRATING useless CRAP. YES, CRAAAPPPP!!!! I would not have mind if I sim it, I will get a descent rating, but if I sim it I get a rating of D which will affect my players rating in the beggining of the season. What do this developer of Madden think that the people who buy there game are a bunch of geeks with nothing else to do?

That's it this game is going back. I hated the fact that I wasted so much time in the training camp than in the normal game. Heck never played a pre-season game before and this crap force me to play it. What is the significance of this feature really aside from improving the player. The traning camp of last year was a lot better because at least you won't be forced to play it all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #52
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
TRANING CAMP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, it is reason enough for me to throw away the game. Why? Because I don't have time to screw around with the same thing over and over again. I just wanted to dive right into the action and get it done and over with. But noooooo, the GEEEKKKKSSS who made Madden really need to step further by adding this FRUSTRATING useless CRAP. YES, CRAAAPPPP!!!! I would not have mind if I sim it, I will get a descent rating, but if I sim it I get a rating of D which will affect my players rating in the beggining of the season. What do this developer of Madden think that the people who buy there game are a bunch of geeks with nothing else to do?

That's it this game is going back. I hated the fact that I wasted so much time in the training camp than in the normal game. Heck never played a pre-season game before and this crap force me to play it. What is the significance of this feature really aside from improving the player. The traning camp of last year was a lot better because at least you won't be forced to play it all the time.
Great reason to take the game back. It took me 10 minutes to finish, and gasp, helped me improve my "precision passing" skills or lack thereof. I personally like the training camp feature.

Last edited by Drag66; 08-11-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
Great list Fossen. The whole article is fantastic, but I loved #2. Madden has now introduced Eugenics to a whole 'nother generation.
Does fossen ever write a bad article? Let's hand him the Pulitzer!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:32 AM   #54
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkforce
Does fossen ever write a bad article? Let's hand him the Pulitzer!
Forget that, the Pulitzer and the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #55
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
Video football games QB ratings rarely mean much anyway. Even in Madden 2006 where the vision cone is larger for high awareness players and smaller for low awareness it is still not that important because you can just lock onto a reciver and then it is still one button passing. All quaterbacks in Madden 2006 regardless of ratings throw with the same pin point accuracy within the vision cone. The vision cone precision passing just requires you to do a little more work pushing an extra button to do what you can already do in other games.
You nailed on the head my friend!! After a few frustrating games I can now pass just as good with Tim Rattay as with Peyton Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #56
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

I would like to apologize for my idiotic post about negative pass yards....I just did not realize it is possible to get sacked enough in a game to end up having negative yards for the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »