Home

Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

This is a discussion on Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
by Mark Fossen
 
Amidst The Blather's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2005
Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

With all apologies to Peter King, here are the "Ten Things I Think I Think" about Madden 06.

1. I think that if the "Vision and Precision" system had come from any other publisher besides EA, it would be hailed as one of the great innovations in...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}
Amidst The Blather is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Go Irish
 
Rules's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,850
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

I think ESPN NFL 2k had precision passing and it took EA how many years to finally put in their game?
Rules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Great read Fossen. I honestly believe you are correct wholeheartedly concerning the cone thing. I however firmly believe that the greatest accomplishment in video football was the VIP system VC/TT came up with last year. I mean that still boggles my mind that you can actually create someone elses tendencies. Again, entertaining read.

Last edited by NovaStar; 08-10-2005 at 12:14 PM.
NovaStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649
 
Graphik's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chi-Town, Ill-State
Posts: 10,559
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I think ESPN NFL 2k had precision passing and it took EA how many years to finally put in their game?

I know I'm not nuts, but did'nt Madden have precision passing in the past? I remember clearly leading my recievers in years past and it was'nt in 2K. All this talk about it being a new feature has me kinda confused.

And I agree with #1 also. If any other company came out with V&P, everything, from the Madden fans reactions to other companies fans' reactions would be completely diffrent right now.
Graphik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Go Irish
 
Rules's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,850
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

I am one of the few who actually enjoy the vision system this year. It brings another dimension and another difficulty level to separate the men from the boys.
Rules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
Go Irish
 
Rules's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,850
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I know I'm not nuts, but did'nt Madden have precision passing in the past? I remember clearly leading my recievers in years past and it was'nt in 2K. All this talk about it being a new feature has me kinda confused.

And I agree with #1 also. If any other company came out with V&P, everything, from the Madden fans reactions to other companies fans' reactions would be completely diffrent right now.

No, EA always had a reason why you couldn't lead your receivers in the past. Was it Game Day that would allow you to throw to a specific spot on the field???? I would like to see a small marker move around the field to give you more control but I think too many would cry foul as it would boost the difficulty level by a mile. However, it would be a great option to have that one could turn on or off like in baseball.
Rules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 13,504
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
No, EA always had a reason why you couldn't lead your receivers in the past. Was it Game Day that would allow you to throw to a specific spot on the field???? I would like to see a small marker move around the field to give you more control but I think too many would cry foul as it would boost the difficulty level by a mile. However, it would be a great option to have that one could turn on or off like in baseball.
Im pretty sure that Madden allowed you to lead your receivers anyway you wanted to also. In fact they had a slider for the sensativity of this just last year also, I just cant remember the exact name of the slider, I believe it was under the controller options, same place where you would set the sub in/sub out levels.
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2003
Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Im pretty sure that Madden allowed you to lead your receivers anyway you wanted to also. In fact they had a slider for the sensativity of this just last year also, I just cant remember the exact name of the slider, I believe it was under the controller options, same place where you would set the sub in/sub out levels.
you are absolutely right. in Madden 04' there was a pass lead slider and this was essentially ESPN's Maximum Passing system.
augustus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Top -