Home

Is precision passing really a new feature?

This is a discussion on Is precision passing really a new feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is precision passing really a new feature?

In Madden 2006, there is "precision passing" which is a lead system which heavily mimics "maximum passing" from ESPN.

however I remembered something...

In Madden 2004, there was already a pass lead system in place which even had a sensitivity slider! It was (for some unexplained reason) removed in 05'.

To make a long story short... isn't the "new" precision passing feature merely just re-implementing an old feature they intentionally removed the year before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Is precision passing really a new feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
In Madden 2006, there is "precision passing" which is a lead system which heavily mimics "maximum passing" from ESPN.

however I remembered something...

In Madden 2004, there was already a pass lead system in place which even had a sensitivity slider! It was (for some unexplained reason) removed in 05'.

To make a long story short... isn't the "new" precision passing feature merely just re-implementing an old feature they intentionally removed the year before?

Yes, it's just explained now
Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi
Yes, it's just explained now
IT's actually differnt now. I don't think there are even sensitivity sliders anymore (haven't checked), but it works totally differnt now. I actually like the old way better. I can't lead my guys like I used to.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

No they are totally different. A slider is not the same as a control in the game you can use to place your pass. Also who cares if they had some obscure feature back in 04 nobody cares this is 06 whats your point?

Also I would like to point out that ESPN NFL 2k5's "Maximum Passing" was better than Madden's precision passing. In ESPN if you lead the reciever you actually lead the reciever four or five steps not just throw it slightly in front of him so he has to reach out. It just feels like in Madden the precision basically picks which animation the reciever uses to catch the ball instead of actually affecting the route.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

no, it's an old feature w/ a new name. Gameday 98 on PSone was the first football game I can remember to do this.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
No they are totally different. A slider is not the same as a control in the game you can use to place your pass. Also who cares if they had some obscure feature back in 04 nobody cares this is 06 whats your point?

Also I would like to point out that ESPN NFL 2k5's "Maximum Passing" was better than Madden's precision passing. In ESPN if you lead the reciever you actually lead the reciever four or five steps not just throw it slightly in front of him so he has to reach out. It just feels like in Madden the precision basically picks which animation the reciever uses to catch the ball instead of actually affecting the route.

Excellent post. You are right, when you use precision passing all you do is pick a catching animation.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
No they are totally different. A slider is not the same as a control in the game you can use to place your pass.
That's what the old system did as well. It's pretty much the same. The sliders he mentioned were for the sensitivity... how much your receiver would be led.

Quote:
Also who cares if they had some obscure feature back in 04 nobody cares this is 06 whats your point?
It wasn't obscure. And so far, I count 6 people who cared enough to post a response.

I'm guessing his point was that the feature is not knew... not even to Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »