Home

High catch animation too effective?

This is a discussion on High catch animation too effective? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
High catch animation too effective?

For one thing, any time I use Precision, even on a quick slant or say a flag route where I'm leading the WR towards the sideline, he jumps up in the air to catch it. So he gets tackled and there's no RAC but it seems they catch it all the time.

Just got through playing Jacksonville vs. Raiders. The guy kept coming out in 46 regardless of what formation I was in so the WRs were getting free releases or outrunning LBs. Got a lot of catches but the separation they were getting was given back because the WR had to jump in the air.

Maybe people will find ways to knock the ball loose or know the best way to go up and challenge the pass but Jimmy Smith was skying high and catching everything. Even their second and third WRs had some alley-oop catches too.

The other guy didn't throw to Moss that deep. Mostly underneath to Moss or corner patterns to Francis. He got a couple of long gainers that way but I held him to only a FG by the offense. However, if he just ran slant/corner patterns to Moss (and even if you're leading him left or right, the pass seems to go high and the WR has to jump up), I'm pretty sure he would have had a field day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: High catch animation too effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
For one thing, any time I use Precision, even on a quick slant or say a flag route where I'm leading the WR towards the sideline, he jumps up in the air to catch it. So he gets tackled and there's no RAC but it seems they catch it all the time.

Just got through playing Jacksonville vs. Raiders. The guy kept coming out in 46 regardless of what formation I was in so the WRs were getting free releases or outrunning LBs. Got a lot of catches but the separation they were getting was given back because the WR had to jump in the air.

Maybe people will find ways to knock the ball loose or know the best way to go up and challenge the pass but Jimmy Smith was skying high and catching everything. Even their second and third WRs had some alley-oop catches too.

The other guy didn't throw to Moss that deep. Mostly underneath to Moss or corner patterns to Francis. He got a couple of long gainers that way but I held him to only a FG by the offense. However, if he just ran slant/corner patterns to Moss (and even if you're leading him left or right, the pass seems to go high and the WR has to jump up), I'm pretty sure he would have had a field day.

I see what you're saying,. but the slant can get shut down. Shade the inside shoulder of the WRs..that will take the slant away a lot...And I throw high a lot, but I have had balls picked off and knovked down too..so it's not a guarantee like in NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »