Home

Stats from a game I just played...

This is a discussion on Stats from a game I just played... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2005, 11:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Stats from a game I just played...

yep i do this in MVP but i cant do it in Madden, especially this year, because playing defense is so much fun.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #18
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Chris, I am in the middle of a game and I'm having difficulty getting control of the team on offense when it's time to switch. The game will let me change the controller icon but when the game come back up I still have control of the defense team. I can't seem to take control of the new team before the punt or after. It only lets me do this after the first play from scrimmage. I have to play defense on that play and then it puts me on offense after the play is over.....very strange !!!!! Should'nt it change my control over once I make the change ??? What am I doing wrong ??
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #19
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Chris, I am in the middle of a game and I'm having difficulty getting control of the team on offense when it's time to switch. The game will let me change the controller icon but when the game come back up I still have control of the defense team. I can't seem to take control of the new team before the punt or after. It only lets me do this after the first play from scrimmage. I have to play defense on that play and then it puts me on offense after the play is over.....very strange !!!!! Should'nt it change my control over once I make the change ??? What am I doing wrong ??

You should always switch it right before you punt so that way you will still controll the punt but once the play is over and you have the ball on first down you will take controll of that team.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #20

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Thanks Chris !!! Your way of playing really sounds like a good alternative. I'm gonna give it a shot to see how it works for me.

Concerning the punt returns. I've got something that I do that seems to help part of the time, atleast it gives me about 1-2 seconds on occasion to field the punt and make an initial move. I've been able to get some decent returns but nothing outstanding. Seeing how EA does'nt care if your teamates block for you or not, I create my own block. What I do is take control of one of the outside blockers before the snap and run him back toward the punt returner (about 10 yards in front of him). I watch the direction of the punt and where the ball marker appears on the field indicating where the ball is coming down. During the flight of the ball I run that blocker toward the ball and try to position him in front of the nearest approaching defender. If it's timed right, the blocker will engage this defender and the punt returner slips under the ball with hopefully enough time to make a move. You still have time to call for a fair catch if the block is missed. Hard to explain but it does work from time to time. I know some people may look at this as cheese or unrealistic but so is the fact that punt returns are virtually 100% eliminated under normal gameplay. Like I said above, it works sometime and other times it does not. The longest return I've had thus far is maybe 25 yards with the average being between 5 and 10 yards. To me this is fairly reasonable.......
Has anyone tried adjusting the break block sliders? Im assuming that if you lowered this you may have a little more time to return punts due to the computers blockers getting blocked for a longer period of time. I would assume you could lower break block and make any necessary changes to the run block and or ability sliders if the running becomes too easy or something along those lines. Hope it helped someone, I would try this myself but still dont have the game yet.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

they dont even attempt to block the defense on punts. they just watch them run by and smoke the returner!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is the second game I played with these sliders and settings:

Texans at Bills

Texans 24

D. Carr 88.9 Rating / 284 yd / 2 TD / 2 INT / 17-28 60%
D. Davis 59 yd/ 0 TD / 14 att / 0 Fumbles
A. Johnson 55yd/ 1 TD
J. Gaffney 58yd/ 0 TD
C.Bradford 142yd/ 1 TD
D.Davis 9yd/ 0 TD

Bills 38

J. Losman 142.6 Rating / 196 yd / 4 TD / 12-18 66%
W.McGahee 160yd / 1 TD / 22 ATT / 0 Fumbles
S. Williams 27yd / 0 TD / 6 ATT / 0 Fumbles
E. Moulds 109yd / 2 TD
M.Campbell 43yd / 1 TD
L.Evans 20yd / 0 TD
R.Parrish 17yd / 0 TD
W. McGahee 5yd / 1TD

In this game the Bills got the lead early so the Texans had to throw the ball in the second half. When the Bills were on offense they just grinded it out with McGahee, which is why he had so many yards. These stats look alot better than the previous game. I changed the game time from 8min to 10min, the score is a little high but, I'll try a few more games with this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »