Home

Penalties and Fatigue

This is a discussion on Penalties and Fatigue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Penalties and Fatigue

Has anybody seen gotten pass interference calls when playing against the cpu..or has any been called against you?..I have played about 4 games and have not seen one pass interference call...I thought that it was implemented correctly in this year's game...Also has anybody noticed any progressive fatigue as that was supposed to be a feature..I have noticed backs getting tired..but in the 4th quarter they are still as fresh even after 30 carries....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Penalties and Fatigue

I have all penalty sliders set on max and I have had one definesive pass interference call against me. It was in the endzone. There seem to be more penalties in this game than last year but the majority of them are holding cals.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2daz109
I have all penalty sliders set on max and I have had one definesive pass interference call against me. It was in the endzone. There seem to be more penalties in this game than last year but the majority of them are holding cals.
These reviewers made it look like there were plenty of pass interference calls being made...and I have yet to see one....
Old 08-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
These reviewers made it look like there were plenty of pass interference calls being made...and I have yet to see one....
Has anybody gotten a pass interference call a realistic amount of times which would be abou 5-6 a game....anyone noticing fatigue in the 4th quarter
Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Has anybody gotten a pass interference call a realistic amount of times which would be abou 5-6 a game....anyone noticing fatigue in the 4th quarter

Dude that is way to many PI for a game. The highest average in the league for all Penalties was 8.3 by the Raiders. That's all not just PI. The most Penalties ever in a season is less than 10 total penalties for a game.

So take both teams and say there are 15 penalties in a game It's hard to beleive there are that many PI's. Maybe in a big penalty fest you might expect 5-6. Normally I'd say 2-3 is ok. Some games you might get 0 or 1.. You are expecting too many in my opinion as I couldn't find PI stats seperated.

Last edited by cch99; 08-10-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

I just finished playing a game against the Eagles with the Raiders. I have the PI slider bumped up to 9 or one click for max, and I had 2 defensive PI called against me and 1 offensive. The cpu had 1.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pass Interference happens maybe 20 times a year for each individual team on defense. Offensive Pass Interference happens maybe 5 times a year for each team. So I'd say about 1 or 2 PI calls a game is perfect.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I have played only a game and a half, seeing two defensive pass interference calls on me and one on the CPU. My penalty settings are about one or two clicks from the max (sorry, I'm not sure right now).

Q

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »