Home

I thought run blocking was improved this year...

This is a discussion on I thought run blocking was improved this year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11
I thought run blocking was improved this year...

I thought EA fixed the run blocking in this years game so that the O-line actually blocks but it doesn't appear to be fixed because I can't run worth beans in this game. Im lucky to break a 5 yard run once in awhile. In my opinion the run blocking in this years game is the worst it's ever been. In previous versions atleast I was able to break a long run off once in awhile but I can pretty much forget about it in 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: I thought run blocking was improved this year...

its called stop pressing the sprint button right after you get handed the ball.

you have to wait for the holes to open up. You can't just press XXXXX.

I used to be that way, but now my running game is great. I used the bears, so their O-line arent the best.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I thought EA fixed the run blocking in this years game so that the O-line actually blocks but it doesn't appear to be fixed because I can't run worth beans in this game. Im lucky to break a 5 yard run once in awhile. In my opinion the run blocking in this years game is the worst it's ever been. In previous versions atleast I was able to break a long run off once in awhile but I can pretty much forget about it in 2006.
The first time I popped in the game, I played a quick game, I was the chiefs. My first posession I handed the ball to Priest Holmes for a gain of 3 yards. Then I passed and threw and incompletion. After a completion for a first down, I handed off to Priest Holmes again and he broke off a 69 yard TD run. I had my ups and downs running the ball the rest of the game, but Holmes finished with like 22 carries for something like 130 yards.

But the one thing I did learn is to wait for the holes to open up. They are there and then you must sprint through them.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
its called stop pressing the sprint button right after you get handed the ball.

you have to wait for the holes to open up. You can't just press XXXXX.

I used to be that way, but now my running game is great. I used the bears, so their O-line arent the best.
The sprint button has nothing to do with it as I don't use it unless im in the open field and it's kinda hard to wait for holes to open up when your O-line is getting overpowered by the D-line to a point where once you hike the ball the D-line breaks through and stuffs the running back for a loss of yardage.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The sprint button has nothing to do with it as I don't use it unless im in the open field and it's kinda hard to wait for holes to open up when your O-line is getting overpowered by the D-line to a point where once you hike the ball the D-line breaks through and stuffs the running back for a loss of yardage.
I recommend messing with the sliders until the game plays to a level and feel that you like and is fun for you!
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

As the Lions I am averaging just short of 100 yards a game on default All-Pro. I thought the running game was pretty good so far.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Yup...I know exactly what you mean...let me explain:

There are basically 4 things that may happen to the O-line

a) It can be pushed backwards by the D-line
b) They can pancacke a D-lineman
c) They can hold a block in place (neither o-lineman or d-lineman really moves backwards or forwards)
d) They can push the D-line backwards.

The problem is, "d" never happens. That's why Mario-running persists. When the O-line blocks successfully in this game, it doesn't translate into the d-line being pushed back, it only translates into the o-lineman and d-lineman locking each other up and standing in place like a brick wall.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
I recommend messing with the sliders until the game plays to a level and feel that you like and is fun for you!
That's what I've been trying to do but im not very good at configuring sliders for any type of game. I don't want to leave them at their default level and just play on a certain difficulty level because I win most of the time on All-Pro difficulty but on the other hand I have a hard time winning a game on All-Madden Difficulty. I wish someone did sliders for Madden. It would make my life a whole lot easier. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »