Home

IS There a Sideline Camera?

This is a discussion on IS There a Sideline Camera? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
IS There a Sideline Camera?

Last year EA took out the Sideline Camera. Because of that i didn't buy last years version. Some people like to play madden just like they see it on t.v.(Broadcast Camera) and not the behind the QB cam which is not how you see it on T.V. So is the Sideline Cam back in this years version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

DrunkenCat's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: IS There a Sideline Camera?

Same as last year I'm afraid. No sideline or broadcast cam. This is pretty stupid if you ask me since you can get a broadcast cam if you have CPU playing CPU. Why in the heck EA can't make the broadcast cam selectable is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc
Last year EA took out the Sideline Camera. Because of that i didn't buy last years version. Some people like to play madden just like they see it on t.v.(Broadcast Camera) and not the behind the QB cam which is not how you see it on T.V. So is the Sideline Cam back in this years version?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenCat
Same as last year I'm afraid. No sideline or broadcast cam. This is pretty stupid if you ask me since you can get a broadcast cam if you have CPU playing CPU. Why in the heck EA can't make the broadcast cam selectable is beyond me.
Because they are the only NFL game in town. Its not that they cant. Come on now. They can. Give them SOME credit..they just choose not too because frankly they dont have to do anything you want. Yeah, I know, sux doesnt it.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Not much demand for it.

And if watching CPU vs. CPU games is your thing, well........somone needs a hobby. lol
Old 08-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

DrunkenCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
Not much demand for it.

And if watching CPU vs. CPU games is your thing, well........somone needs a hobby. lol

You kind of missed the point. If the camera is already there, how hard would it have been to make it selectable? Versions 2004 and before had this camera. I'm just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
Not much demand for it.

That IS my hobby. ;(

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenCat
You kind of missed the point. If the camera is already there, how hard would it have been to make it selectable? Versions 2004 and before had this camera. I'm just curious.
I agree with you drunken cat. In previous versions they had that camera as selectable(user defined Camera). I really don't know how gamers get into the behing the quarterback View at all. That is not the view we see on TV during sunday games, it's always a view from the sideline.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
Rookie

DrunkenCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc
I agree with you drunken cat. In previous versions they had that camera as selectable(user defined Camera). I really don't know how gamers get into the behing the quarterback View at all. That is not the view we see on TV during sunday games, it's always a view from the sideline.
And it seems we have always had this view up to use up until a few years ago. Not just Madden, but NFL2K5 had the same thing. You could at least trick around to get the cam in NFL2K5.

I have worked beta in some PC racing sims before and I understand how some things get cut for money and time constraints, but this cam is already there. How hard could it have been to just give us the option to select it?

ARRGGGGGG. I know most people that buy Madden could care less and maybe that is the reasons, but it is damn near a game breaker for me. The game plays so well in coach mode now that I am able to look past it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »