Home

Is anyone playing Superstar mode with a defensive player?

This is a discussion on Is anyone playing Superstar mode with a defensive player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Is anyone playing Superstar mode with a defensive player?

Just wondering. If so, what position? How do you like it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is anyone playing Superstar mode with a defensive player?

im a strong safety, i won defensive rookie of the year and defensive back of the year my first season
Old 08-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

MLB, from my NCAA 06 player. Its cool because I got drafted by the Saints, and I get to start off the bat. But as with NCAA 06 its been pretty tough. Its hard as an MLB to figure out run/pass, keep offensive lineman off you, and get to the ball.

The only problem I'm having now is I adapted to the new NCAA control scheme and I'm having to adapt back for Madden. Its fun so far and I'm enjoying training camp as actually giving me a real practice mode.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkpot
MLB, from my NCAA 06 player. Its cool because I got drafted by the Saints, and I get to start off the bat. But as with NCAA 06 its been pretty tough. Its hard as an MLB to figure out run/pass, keep offensive lineman off you, and get to the ball.

The only problem I'm having now is I adapted to the new NCAA control scheme and I'm having to adapt back for Madden. Its fun so far and I'm enjoying training camp as actually giving me a real practice mode.
Yeah I was playing NCAA 2006 like a dope feind all the way up until I picked up Madden at midngight. My controlls were all jacked up. I was diving when I should be strafing lol. I think Im going to play with a defensive player in SS mode. For me I think it will be more fun playing a defensive player. On offense unless youre a QB I dont think its as fun. You can keep throwing the ball to your WR if youre a WR or TE. If youre a RB you can keep calling running plays. I liked playing defense in NCAA because its the closest thing I can get to feeling like one singular player on a team. I was a MLB with Michigan but I think Im gonna play the SS or FS for Madden.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Yeah I was playing NCAA 2006 like a dope feind all the way up until I picked up Madden at midngight. My controlls were all jacked up. I was diving when I should be strafing lol. I think Im going to play with a defensive player in SS mode. For me I think it will be more fun playing a defensive player. On offense unless youre a QB I dont think its as fun. You can keep throwing the ball to your WR if youre a WR or TE. If youre a RB you can keep calling running plays. I liked playing defense in NCAA because its the closest thing I can get to feeling like one singular player on a team. I was a MLB with Michigan but I think Im gonna play the SS or FS for Madden.
I agree, its too easy on offense and I'm more a fan of defense anyway. I love the idea of my MLB going up against the superstars too. That's funny I was a MLB at Michigan too, 4 years, won the Bednarik and Best LB sophmore, junior and senior years and lost the Heisman my Junior and Senior seasons.

I'm really really enjoying superstar mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkpot
I agree, its too easy on offense and I'm more a fan of defense anyway. I love the idea of my MLB going up against the superstars too. That's funny I was a MLB at Michigan too, 4 years, won the Bednarik and Best LB sophmore, junior and senior years and lost the Heisman my Junior and Senior seasons.

I'm really really enjoying superstar mode.
Yeah I am too. I just hope next year they make it a little more involved. Some of the stuff they put in there to me is just fluff, but only because they didnt take it as far as it should have went. Hopefully next year they will take what they did this year with it to another level. Like one review said, some of the things you do off filed in SS mode you cant measure or tell what kind of affect it has. Other than that Im actually cool with Madden this year. *gasp* lol. I still wish theyed trash the recycled presentations and graphics engine..but I guess I cant have everything.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I created a DE named Fred Stokes. Mostly simmed the games and such.

Made a couple of movies. Drafted by the Lions, signed by the Bears in year 3. Had 12 sacks in my first year as a starter.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I made myself a CB (the 2nd selection of parents were both intelligent and it recommended a CB) and got drafted by the Colts (my fav NFL team) in the 3rd round. I am now the 2nd CB on the depth chart because we apparently picked up Ty Law before the season started.

I got 2 picks in my first reg season game. i smell defensive roy

I am hoping some real agents want me soon and I can go to the gym and do whatever you do there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »