Home

Michaels, Madden an embarrassment

This is a discussion on Michaels, Madden an embarrassment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Michaels, Madden an embarrassment

I like the game, for the most part, but the commentary from Michaels and Madden is atrocious, not unlike their work on Monday Night Football.
Talk about mailing it in. They're so limp and lifeless, it's like someone was putting a gun to their heads and making them talk. Good commentary and atmosphere really enhances these games. I like Corso and Herbstreit on NCAA and even last year's announcers on NFL 2k5, whatever their names are, were full of energy and colorful.
These two clowns should really be embarrassed, particularly Michaels. I hope they didn't pay him much, but he was really stealing from the company on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Michaels, Madden an embarrassment

It's been this way for YEARS. I really wish EA would just drop Madden alltogether from the booth.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I like the game, for the most part, but the commentary from Michaels and Madden is atrocious, not unlike their work on Monday Night Football.
Talk about mailing it in. They're so limp and lifeless, it's like someone was putting a gun to their heads and making them talk. Good commentary and atmosphere really enhances these games. I like Corso and Herbstreit on NCAA and even last year's announcers on NFL 2k5, whatever their names are, were full of energy and colorful.
These two clowns should really be embarrassed, particularly Michaels. I hope they didn't pay him much, but he was really stealing from the company on this one.
Well first of all, I actually like them on Monday nights. That point aside, however, you do realize that they are simply given a script of what to say right? It's not like they're actually sitting there commenting on games, they are reading lines which are later put towards the context of the game. Blame it on whoever writes up this garbage, Michaels and Madden are sitting there trying to screw someone over...

Old 08-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I just turn the announcers off, usually put on the stereo if i'm by myself or just talk with the person i'm playing with. but your right, they're atrocious.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Well first of all, I actually like them on Monday nights. That point aside, however, you do realize that they are simply given a script of what to say right? It's not like they're actually sitting there commenting on games, they are reading lines which are later put towards the context of the game. Blame it on whoever writes up this garbage, Michaels and Madden are sitting there trying to screw someone over...
What, they're not actually sitting there commenting on the games? You're kidding me!
Maybe the script writers are partly to blame, but these two knuckleheads bring no energy to their work (see Corso, Herbsteit, Nessler). Michaels acts like he's above it all. And Madden, for the millions that EA has paid him through the years, you'd think he'd take a little pride in his work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Writing a script is one thing but a good commentator should be able to show some emotion and make some basic words sound electrifying. He sounds like he is on life support when a major play is happening. Especially when a guy breaks free down the line for the TD. THE 40........THE 30.....THE 20.....THE 10.........TOUCHDOWN

We need emotion!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Writing a script is one thing but a good commentator should be able to show some emotion and make some basic words sound electrifying. He sounds like he is on life support when a major play is happening. Especially when a guy breaks free down the line for the TD. THE 40........THE 30.....THE 20.....THE 10.........TOUCHDOWN

We need emotion!
Micheals doesn't even have emotion in real life. They'll never drop Madden from Madden. I enjoy it, although I find NCAA's better its a change from that and tolerable. After a little bit of time playing I listen to music anyway.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #8
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Michaels and Madden ARE bad announcers, so this is pretty realistic actually.

I'm not big fans of the 2K guys either. They sound like two wannabe actors auditioning for a B movie. The NCAA guys are the best of the bunch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »