Home

Too many sacks?

This is a discussion on Too many sacks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Too many sacks?

I was the Rams in one of my exhibition games and I had 21 tackles and 19 sacks with Leonard Little (thats right 19 sacks!!!). All I did was run a 4-3 over or under (whichever one has ROLB lineup off to the side of the RE and I line audibled left and line audibled crash left and I had about 3 occasions where I sacked the QB on downs 1-3. It was sad, I think his speed is somewhere around mid 80s (85-86) and it works with all the fast ends. I am on All-Pro and I didnt adjust the sliders on their offense or my defense. I don't want to change their pass blocking too high, cause like I said this is only working with fast guys. I was thinking the best thing to do would be up the CPU's QB Awr so that he has more pocket presence and will throw it away or be able to avoid the sack. Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Too many sacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrizzleDizzle13
I was the Rams in one of my exhibition games and I had 21 tackles and 19 sacks with Leonard Little (thats right 19 sacks!!!). All I did was run a 4-3 over or under (whichever one has ROLB lineup off to the side of the RE and I line audibled left and line audibled crash left and I had about 3 occasions where I sacked the QB on downs 1-3. It was sad, I think his speed is somewhere around mid 80s (85-86) and it works with all the fast ends. I am on All-Pro and I didnt adjust the sliders on their offense or my defense. I don't want to change their pass blocking too high, cause like I said this is only working with fast guys. I was thinking the best thing to do would be up the CPU's QB Awr so that he has more pocket presence and will throw it away or be able to avoid the sack. Anyone else have this problem?
sliders, sliders, sliders.................Sliders will fix these issue.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Play on all madden level and this will greatly reduce the number of sacks to a more realistic level. At least thats what I have found since I have played the last 7 or so games on all madden.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
Play on all madden level and this will greatly reduce the number of sacks to a more realistic level. At least thats what I have found since I have played the last 7 or so games on all madden.
I agree....for the first time in my Madden career (yeah right...like I get paid for it) I'm finding all-pro to be horrificly easy. I'm having much better games on All-Madden this year.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I can't get my D-Line to get any push on All-Pro default. But of course I play with the Chiefs, so that shouldn't be so surprising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I can't get my D-Line to get any push on All-Pro default. But of course I play with the Chiefs, so that shouldn't be so surprising.
If you blitz on all pro its sacks galore. In one game I broke the record for sacks in a game. Thats when I knew I had to adjust the sliders or start playing on all madden.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

You broke the record for sacks in a game?
Poor Derrick Thomas must be rolling in his grave.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
You broke the record for sacks in a game?
Poor Derrick Thomas must be rolling in his grave.
I broke the record for most team sacks in a game. The single player sack record is still all Derricks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »