Home

Spawn Games

This is a discussion on Spawn Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Spawn Games

Can someone explain this for me?

What is it's main purpose?

I think I remember seeing you can upload them to your locker online, but why would you want to?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Spawn Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
Can someone explain this for me?

What is it's main purpose?

I think I remember seeing you can upload them to your locker online, but why would you want to?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
You can upload a game to your locker and continue playing it on your PSP when the PSP version of Madden is released in September.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #3
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

there's a PSP sync option in the game. You don't need to upload your game to your locker to play it on your PSP (when Madden PSP is released, that is..).

There is a long, drawn out process for playing your franchise online. From what I understand, you:

1) go into your franchise, uncheck the game you want to play.
2) hit X and choose to spawn game.
3) then go online. your opponent should download the file from your locker and then choose spawn game.
4) play the game
5) go back into your franchise, check the game, and choose merge...

At least, I think that's how you do it. I haven't tried it yet.
Blackhawks
Braves
Old 08-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #4
Rookie

The spawned feature is bugged out. Essentially what is happening is that the spawned games are treated like exhibition matches. This results in injuries that are not more serious than the "out for game" that we see online as well.... What this means is that if you merge the spawned game back into the franchise you have no injuries at all.

I don't understand why Tiburon didn't complete this feature. As it is right now it's completely useless to people who wants a realistic football franchise season.

Seriously, Does anyone at Tiburon even think any further than their next coffee break? as it seems now they've just taken 2005 and put in a bunch of half assed semi working ideas and labeled the game 2006. great...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 AM   #5
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caero
The spawned feature is bugged out. Essentially what is happening is that the spawned games are treated like exhibition matches. This results in injuries that are not more serious than the "out for game" that we see online as well.... What this means is that if you merge the spawned game back into the franchise you have no injuries at all.

I don't understand why Tiburon didn't complete this feature. As it is right now it's completely useless to people who wants a realistic football franchise season.

Seriously, Does anyone at Tiburon even think any further than their next coffee break? as it seems now they've just taken 2005 and put in a bunch of half assed semi working ideas and labeled the game 2006. great...
Did the game do this last year? I think it's a great feature. If this is the first year, I think you should cut them some slack on. New features are never perfect the first time out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
Rookie

What????

seriously, people have become so incredibly accustomed to EA only getting the job half done that they actually have lost all critical sense???

This just proves my point that we are paying 50$ for an update patch every year that "tries" to fix the half assed job the previous version tried to do the year earlier.

Sorry, but saying that consumers should cut a company some slack because they're releasing a product that isn't even finished is pure and utter bull.

Would you not complain if you bought a golf club and the head was missing? Would you not be pissed off if you bought a DVD and when you got home you realise that the company only sold you the cover without a dvd in it?

This is getting so out of hand. I gather that by the time they release Madden 2007 or 2008 everyone has become a bunch of mindless zombies that buy the game even though the game only consists of the main menu and nothing else.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caero
What????

seriously, people have become so incredibly accustomed to EA only getting the job half done that they actually have lost all critical sense???

This just proves my point that we are paying 50$ for an update patch every year that "tries" to fix the half assed job the previous version tried to do the year earlier.

Sorry, but saying that consumers should cut a company some slack because they're releasing a product that isn't even finished is pure and utter bull.

Would you not complain if you bought a golf club and the head was missing? Would you not be pissed off if you bought a DVD and when you got home you realise that the company only sold you the cover without a dvd in it?

This is getting so out of hand. I gather that by the time they release Madden 2007 or 2008 everyone has become a bunch of mindless zombies that buy the game even though the game only consists of the main menu and nothing else.
You're complaining about one specific feature (the spawn feature), and I asked if it was new for this year. If so, yes, I think you should cut them some slack on this one new feature. If you're speaking like this expecting every NEW feature released to be perfect, then you're just looking for things to complain about.

Would I be pissed if I bought the first ever DVD with new Ultra 9.7 digital sound encoding on it, and it wasn't perfect? No, I wouldn't. I don't expect brand new features to be without bugs.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Then I guess that I just have too high expectations.

But if I go out and buy a star wars movie on DVD I would expect to see some light sabers. What if they were not there?

It's the same thing for this game. People have just gotten accustomed to the low quality that EA releases. And yes I mean ea specifically. Most other gaming companies with an ounce of selfrespect would have completed these features long ago. Would people have complained if there were no crowbar in HL2? yes. Talent is the difference here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »