Home

Vision cone - a couple of comments and ideas for improvement

This is a discussion on Vision cone - a couple of comments and ideas for improvement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Vision cone - a couple of comments and ideas for improvement

I think people like big ben shouldn't have a cone the size of a backup QB. To me it makes more sense for a Bear's qb or joey harrington. In other words the scale has to expanded and tweaked. I don't think they realized that it's too hard to throw with certain quality qb's.

I also think it could be expanded:

- A little fluctuation wouldn't hurt. If Brett Favre's throws some dumb picks it should start to shrink, if someone maybe gets 3 completions in a row it gets bigger 4 in a row more bigger or the opposite for inc's.

- If the QB has poor fatigue it should start shirnking in the 4th qtr.

- the quality of the defender you are controlling should dictate what and how much of the cone you should be able to see. So if you are in the trenches with a db you shouldn't see nothing unless you break the block.

- Individual tendencies should be used. Brett Favre should have a small cone in the metrodome, and have like a full screen cone during the last 2-minutes of the half. He should also have a huge cone in the snow. And yes Colts fans that means you'll need a purchase a microscope to use the Colts versus NE because there is no way it should be visible with the naked eye.

Things like that could take it to the next level. Whether EA cares enough to do that is the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #2
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Vision cone - a couple of comments and ideas for improvement

I like the idea of the cone shrinking/enlarging if the quaterback is completing/incompleting his passes
Old 08-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggmanchris
I like the idea of the cone shrinking/enlarging if the quaterback is completing/incompleting his passes
Agreed, tendencies would be cool too.

My Blog
Old 08-13-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
I think people like big ben shouldn't have a cone the size of a backup QB. To me it makes more sense for a Bear's qb or joey harrington. In other words the scale has to expanded and tweaked. I don't think they realized that it's too hard to throw with certain quality qb's.

- A little fluctuation wouldn't hurt. If Brett Favre's throws some dumb picks it should start to shrink, if someone maybe gets 3 completions in a row it gets bigger 4 in a row more bigger or the opposite for inc's.

- the quality of the defender you are controlling should dictate what and how much of the cone you should be able to see. So if you are in the trenches with a db you shouldn't see nothing unless you break the block.

- Individual tendencies should be used. Brett Favre should have a small cone in the metrodome, and have like a full screen cone during the last 2-minutes of the half. He should also have a huge cone in the snow. And yes Colts fans that means you'll need a purchase a microscope to use the Colts versus NE because there is no way it should be visible with the naked eye.

Things like that could take it to the next level. Whether EA cares enough to do that is the question.

All of them ideas are great...you should send that off to EA..maybe we could see that next year
Old 08-13-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Cone size is meaningless. Make your reads without moving the cone and lock on to your receiver before you throw. I play with Joey Harrington and I pass quite well with this technique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Cone size is meaningless. Make your reads without moving the cone and lock on to your receiver before you throw. I play with Joey Harrington and I pass quite well with this technique.
I hope they have an option to turn off lock-on next-year, cause that's the EAsy way out. But I do think some second-tier and lower qb's have ridicoulously small cones so some awr. raising might be in order.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:45 AM   #7
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv

Great recommendations! I hated the cone when I started playing this game. It has recently become one of my favorite features! Improvements are necessary however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »