Home

play action

This is a discussion on play action within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
play action

any luck on play action? I can run 6 straight times and then do a play action and be sacked in a second. if not the CB is running stride for stride with my WR.

it seems my oline just let the guy run right in. i have to admit my oline is nothing special but the cpu should bite once?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: play action

But the cpu on All-Madden can almost make you drop the stick. Another nail in the coffin for this tired engine!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Actually, I run the play action rather successfully. In fact, I have more success with play action passes than I do normal drop back passes. Granted, i have an athletic QB in Omar Jacobs. I realy dont know what to tell you.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-12-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Play action is great. I wish NCAA's was that good. In NCAA I get the play action sack.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

The first touchdown pass I threw was a playaction pass on all-madden. The safety actually bit and my receiver was open by about 10 yards. Sometimes I do get killed using playaction, especially by highly rated DE's but if I run the playaction towards them, they will pretty much tackle the back every time and I have time to launch it. If playaction is away from a strong DE use slide protection to your back side. I use slide protection on virtually every play, you almost have to on all-madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
any luck on play action? I can run 6 straight times and then do a play action and be sacked in a second. if not the CB is running stride for stride with my WR.

it seems my oline just let the guy run right in. i have to admit my oline is nothing special but the cpu should bite once?
It works great for me. I think the key thing is mixing up your plays. You can't run 6 running plays and then a PA to expect them to bite. Nor can you run 6 passing plays and run a Draw and expect them to bite as well.

Just mix up your plays. At one point I ran the ball sucessfully 3 times, then I did a Draw, then a PA after that. It was a thing of beauty, they fell for it both times.

I also think the success of PA also determines how good your running game is. If your running game has over a hundred yards in the first half (turn up the difficulty! j/k ) then try running PA. They'll be so concerned with the run, that they;ll forget the pass.

Try it, let me know!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

If you find yourself getting sacked a lot, which means your opponent is blitzing like hell, try running PA out of a twins set and audible both TE's to stay in and block...yes, you will only have two receivers but you will have time to find them...works like a charm for me.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope that in one of the future versions of Madden there will be a way to run a playaction play without the playaction. There are alot of playaction plays where I like the routes run, but am too afraid to use if i feel the D may be blitzing. It seems simple enough that they could make some audible that would eliminate the playaction after reading the D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »