Home

Slide Protection Running ?

This is a discussion on Slide Protection Running ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #9
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Slide Protection Running ?

I've tried slide protection on run a whole lot, and it's messed me up somehow. I'd get my lineman to block to the right, and i'd hand it off to my back and then some fast lineman on the left comes out of nowhere and tackles him...i've tried this with the Rams, Falcons, and the Eagles..
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #10
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
I've tried slide protection on run a whole lot, and it's messed me up somehow. I'd get my lineman to block to the right, and i'd hand it off to my back and then some fast lineman on the left comes out of nowhere and tackles him...i've tried this with the Rams, Falcons, and the Eagles..

Yeah I get that too, maybe it's only good to use on passing plays to pick up the blitz or something. It screws up the play when I use it on running plays too, it's like the blockers suck *** all of a sudden when you try to run.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Slide protection is good for passing plays to pick up blitzes, and occasionally on running plays if you make the O-Line block left when you're running right or vice versa it actually pushes the D-Line/Linebackers away from the play and allows your HB to get to the outside and try to break some tackles in the secondary.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Not sure if it works on running plays or not. I know if you push up, it does seem sometimes the line goes inside and if you push down, it seems the spread oout a little more. It might be more for passing though.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

I would think they would be more viable for plays that take a bit to set up like a counter or a draw where you see a blitz coming in the opposite side of where you're running. I'd have to look. Also, someone else mentioned to wait until the last second before snapping, this seems to work wonders.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #14
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa
I would think they would be more viable for plays that take a bit to set up like a counter or a draw where you see a blitz coming in the opposite side of where you're running. I'd have to look. Also, someone else mentioned to wait until the last second before snapping, this seems to work wonders.

it does. but that kind of sucks because I hate bein that guy online who is just grinding clock out.

If you know your playbook and call the play with around 30 plus secs left, the center should call out the blocks a little quicker.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

when I use it on running plays it seems like the holes close up quicker?

I usually only use it for big passing situations, I'm not too concerned with using it every snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »