Home

Punt Return

This is a discussion on Punt Return within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Punt Return

Anyone else finding that they can never return punts because no one seems to block on punt returns? I don't know if it's just me, but my guys just stand there, I think I've called fair catch on almost all the punt returns I've done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Punt Return

Yea, I've been having the same problems. Ive done a fair catch almost every time. The blockers are there standing next to the returner and doing nuthing as the coverage runs by them. Its really anoying.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Punt Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUtigersfan16
Yea, I've been having the same problems. Ive done a fair catch almost every time. The blockers are there standing next to the returner and doing nuthing as the coverage runs by them. Its really anoying.
This is SOOOOOOOOO frustrating - same thing happens to me - my blockers get outrun down the field and then when they catch up - the stand around like braindead morons.

Someone PLEASE tell me they've found a slider or solution for this!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I always just used to increase the punt length, then make the few people miss and its off to the races, but I have always increase the punt length, helps a little bit.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah the closest guy just stands and stares at you, pretty funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 02:10 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Hahaha, this was the worst today. The ball was coming in the air, 2 of my guys came back and were about a yard in front of me, and an offensive player ran right through the middle of them, and I had to call fair catch. They didn't even attempt to block him, they just stood there. How stupid lol.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: Punt Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofizzle
Hahaha, this was the worst today. The ball was coming in the air, 2 of my guys came back and were about a yard in front of me, and an offensive player ran right through the middle of them, and I had to call fair catch. They didn't even attempt to block him, they just stood there. How stupid lol.
OK guys - I found a way to get the Punt Returns to finally give us some room. You have to run "Punt Block Man" as your formation - you can't use any of the "return" formations - they just don't work anymore. Run "Punt Block Man" - some times the CPU will punt it out of bounds but about 50% of the time they'll kick it down there and since the CPU audibles to max protect you'll have time before all the defenders get down the field.

Try it - it works!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #8
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Locked, 2 threads with the same info..

Punt Returning

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »