Home

Punt Returning

This is a discussion on Punt Returning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Punt Returning

I have finally realized that no matter what u do, u cant get anything close realistic on punt returns for yourself or the computer on any level. the punt returning in this game was set up so that your blockers block 20 yards in front of the return man, so when the return man catches the ball, he has to deal with six defenders by himself. its almost as if there is an invisible line where the blockers cant cross to block for the return man. this almost ruins the entire game for me. because i guarantee that not one person will ever see a punt return for a touchdown unless u max out run blocking and minimize break block. please write back with ur thoughts on this and if u have found any way to improve this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Punt Returning

I've seen a few (both for and against, and none of them returned very far) on some really long punts. But you're right, there are far too few of them returned. Perhaps upping the Punt length slider can fix this, giving the return man more space from the gunners?

Given the choice however, I'd rather have too few than too many.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-11-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

i have raised the punt length to the max and have gone to practice to try and figure out every way possible to fix the problem, and really i dont see how u can return a punt for a touchdown when u have 6 unblocked defenders in your face on every punt return, i want everyone to go to practice and see how ridiculous the punt return game is. is there anyway you can complain to ea for messing up on something this important in a football game?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you raise the CPU's punt length to max you actually get to return a few...but they punt the ball 75 yards every time...and that's just plain dumb.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I tried using the Punt Block Return return and it works sometimes. I can get 10 yards or so. But on normal returns, my second line of gunners don't block anyone at all. They run back to set up and just look at me while I catch the punt. Try the Punt Block Return, it seems to be the best return in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #6
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I tried using the Punt Block Return return and it works sometimes. I can get 10 yards or so. But on normal returns, my second line of gunners don't block anyone at all. They run back to set up and just look at me while I catch the punt. Try the Punt Block Return, it seems to be the best return in the game.
Yep same as last year, but you are right, my defenders just stand there and let people run right to me.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't even gotten close to being able to return a punt, which sucks because I use the Chiefs and Dante Hall is a huge weapon in the non-virtual world. It makes him pretty worthless in this game.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I haven't even gotten close to being able to return a punt, which sucks because I use the Chiefs and Dante Hall is a huge weapon in the non-virtual world. It makes him pretty worthless in this game.
I haven't been able to return a punt either....it's really frustrating.....the farthest I've gotten is 2 yards, and that is because I faked the defense out in thinking I was gonna do a punt block, then I just audibled into a regular punt return, but that really didnt help much at all. I guess the really only solution to this is sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »