Home

What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06?

This is a discussion on What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Madden 06 worth it for an ESPN 2K5 player?
Yes 55 48.67%
No 58 51.33%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Fayetteville, NC....Mostly known for.....well....nothing.
Re: What do ex-ESPN players think of Madden 06?

Interestingly so am I. Glad I rented it. Not a Madden *****, but I couldn't see the value of purchasing a game that hasn't changed that much. A couple refinements. I NEVER do stuff like Crib or "create yourself" modes, so that stuff is a waste of time to me. I stick to the season or franchise modes and try to make my games as real as possible. I still like the presentation of 2K5 better, esp. the commentary. Madden has made a few strides, but I know I'll hold off on buying another madden until next gen.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Worth it buy it...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Very solid effort from EA this year. The cone gives the passing game alot depth, and the lineman turn their defenders to give more defined running lanes. DBs also do a good job of defending the pass w/o flat out cheating.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #20
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

If you have trade-ins what the heck get it but otherwise I say no. You can update the 2k5 rosters manually or DL them w/ AR !
What diffence would trade-ins make? EA gets their money from the retailers, retailers get their money from you....does'nt matter if it's cash or trade-in.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #21
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

The more that I play Madden '06, I like the game better than I did at the beginning of the week. Being also a big 2K fan, I think that EA did do one good thing and release the V&P. I think that it was innovative, but like I stated in an earlier post that it does have a few flaws. V&P does bring a new element to the passing game and I think that it is something good if EA decides to upgrade and improve this new system.

I say this with hesitation, but I have a feeling that EA did what they could with this generation. It feels like they have been holding back on us so they could introduce all their weapons with Madden 360. I hope that I'm not proven wrong by my statement above, but my gut feeling is that we might be surprised with Madden 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

First off, be carefull with that line of "ex" ESPN players, there are SEVERAL still going strong that refuse to buy Madden. Myself, while I told myself ever since learning of the exclusive deal said I would not buy it, but must admit when time rolled around for what was oce the best time of the year for gaming to me, I got the urge too. Luckily however I opted to rent first, fighting my urge to just buy, and I am very glad I did.

I went into this with fairly open eyes and mind, knowing that if I wanted a "new" (a term that should be used very lightly with Madden) NFL game this year, EA's was my only option. That being said, this game is okay..... FOR ME TO POOP ON! No, it's not total garbage, and for some it is a great game, though I will NEVER understand that. Despite biting several 2k-lie features, this game just does not feel like what I want a football game to feel like to me. Last year I was able to take the Madden blinders off of several of my friends, and now it was all for nothing, although I at least got one good year out of them as they ALL agreed 2k gets it right.
My thoughts of my first 3 days with the game are: WAY too many fumbles, just an insane amt. Hrrible referee calls and misses. Too many near sacks with the QB some how at last second with guy on him manages to throw the ball forward without any type of wind up at all. The ridiculous pinball running though to a little lesser degree is STILL there, unbeliveable. AWFUL DB decisions, AI, and movements, absolutely ignorant, so I would never expect to hear another word of 2k5's DB AI as these guys put new meaning to the word stupid. I feel the controls, in defense especially, are very slow and awkward. It seems to be a little less pronounced on Xbox than PS2 though still quite bad IMO. Also unfortunately still alot of jerky slow downs on crowded scenes for PS2. The SAME boring, awful, dreadfull, bland crowd noises and chants as well as of course some of the worst commentating in videogame sports. First quarter of game sunny and hazy, maybe even a sunset type of lighting, but majically in second quarter it looks as though you are suddenly playing in a dome with a thunderstorm inside with all flourescent lighting. Horribly behind the times graphics. Same bland animations, with a few new ones thrown in but soon get old as well. Fumbles, fumbles, fumbles. Easiest kick off returns ever, and impossible punt returns, also with alot of fumbles. All runs are for 3+ yards unless stopped in backfield.

For pluses, I do think the passing vision cone is pretty neat, and a good idea. The "precision" pasing as many have said is just an effort to mimic 2k's back to 2k3 and is not quite as functional. Als the fact that you can "de-thug" the game by turning off all of the hip-hop music that Madden is based of of and listen to the NFL films music is awesome. Uh, that about does it for now.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd say it worth buying it.
I've been a loyal 2K fan since the series debut.
But was an former madden fan.
Now I can clearly say I'm a fan of both.
The good break from madden was worth it .
Madden06 is great game but I will truely miss 2K the series.
On the Nex-Gen console Sports game r gonna b off the hook.
I'll prob still use AR to twaek 05 once in a while too.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Removed

Last edited by mjb2124; 08-12-2005 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Modding talk is not allowed on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »