Home

Superstar mode flaws/glitches....

This is a discussion on Superstar mode flaws/glitches.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Superstar mode flaws/glitches....

So far I have noticed a few minor problems. I don't know if these are SS specific or for franchise as well, but this is what I've noticed:

There seems to be a player number issue as I have seen the chargers in shotgun 2RB formation with both backs numbered 21. I checked the replay and one was Tomlinson and the other was someone else. I played the Texans and they had a LT #68 and a LG #68 right next to each other.

I know those are minor gripes, but let's move on to some real crap that EA fugged up. First season with the KC Chiefs I simmed. The Chiefs made it to the superbowl, so I played the superbowl. My player, a WR, did not tear it up like I thought he would, but I wanted to play the SB. Expecting a great showdown at Ford Field, I was ready. WHY IN EA'S GODLIKE NAME WAS THE SUPERBOWL IN ARROWHEAD STADIUM?!?!?!!? Ok, not a problem, I thought.

I simmed another season and KC made it again with my guy having sub-par numbers once again, but better. I simmed the SB and the Chiefs lost. In the offseason I didn't re-sign wanting to test the market. Well, Jacksonville was one of the teams that offered me a contract, so I took it.

My first season with Jacksonville I played almost every game. I ended up with 112 receptions, 1,500 yds, 17 TDs. Fred Taylor won MVP honors with 1,550 yds, 45 receptions for 400 yards and 20-some total TD's. Well, I simmed the playoffs and they made it to the SuperBowl. Alright, time to play another superbowl, but where will it be? Yep, it was Jacksonville.

I guess if you make it to the superbowl in superstar mode you play at home. Thanks EA, for helping the superstars out.

Well, those are the minor issues I've seen with Superstar mode. There are other issues I have with Madden, like the super-hyper jumping corners, or the amazing super dive squad linebackers that wrap you up even when you could've sworn you were 3-5 yards away. How about those special teams players that you have the angle on only to be cut down with happy thoughts on your mind? At least TT/VC were trying to improve every year. EA is never getting anymore of my money. They sure as hell didn't this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 04:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Superstar mode flaws/glitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
At least TT/VC were trying to improve every year. EA is never getting anymore of my money. They sure as hell didn't this year.
You mean you rented the game and make a clone of it?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

The only glitch i have seen in SS mode is the super bowl thing. The home team hosts the superbowl. It is just annoying to me but not a problem, but it does raise the question how could the testers not catch that one?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The only glitch i have seen in SS mode is the super bowl thing. The home team hosts the superbowl. It is just annoying to me but not a problem, but it does raise the question how could the testers not catch that one?
They are excused for slacking because they don't have any competition.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
They are excused for slacking because they don't have any competition.

I guess that is the era we are entering. They must have some pretty cush jobs now.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »