Home

Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone?

The vision cone is a step in the right direction, but at this stage it does not make the game more real. The amount of button pressing required is too much and if you have a bad qb, you will throw three picks a game.

With a.j. feeley, the only way to pass with the cone is by locking on to a guy, otherwise it is too hard with how small his cone is. This makes it impossible to throw a square out without being picked off. Once you lock on, the db is aware of where the ball is going and steps in an intercepts the pass everytime.

I do like the cone with better qb's, but my 'chise is with the fins and throwing 40 interceptions in a season just isn't real. I am not bad at the game either, I just like to be able to run all plays and not be restriced to only some routes because of the cone.

I am just tired of people complaining about others not using the cone because even huge sim guys like myself aren't using it but that doesn't make us arcade. I'm sure it will improve for the next Madden and I will use it but right now, it just doesn't suit me.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
why would you want to turn it off.. the game sucks without it.. unless you are an arcade player but dont worry arena football is coming out soon for you arcade guys..

learn how to pass man... learn football and stop letting the cpu do everything for you....
Galo, don't to be so bitter man. The guy was just asking a question. No need to get yourself all riled up.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Galo, don't to be so bitter man. The guy was just asking a question. No need to get yourself all riled up.
He is a Madden disciple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
He is a Madden disciple.
I always get a kick out of the guys who get upset if someone doesn't play exactly the way that they do. Then if they are angry enough, they break out the ultimate insult: "You're an Arcade Player". Hehe, good stuff.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

Because some people are just natural born ****suckers. The guy asked a question not for your stupid *** remarks. Why don't people like you just go back to doing something useful like ****ing yourselves instead of flaming people who just asked a simple question.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-13-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFRusso
Because some people are just natural born cocksuckers. The guy asked a question not for your stupid *** remarks. Why don't people like you just go back to doing something useful like ****ing yourselves instead of flaming people who just asked a simple question.

Why aren't people like you completely banned? But about the topic...I noticed on two player games, one person can use the cone while the other doesn't have to by changing settings under each controller. Has anyone tried that for the CPU team?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #15
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFRusso
Because some people are just natural born cocksuckers. The guy asked a question not for your stupid *** remarks. Why don't people like you just go back to doing something useful like ****ing yourselves instead of flaming people who just asked a simple question.
your well on your way to being banned... keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't like the cone. I like the way the game plays without it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »