Home

Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #17
Rookie

WinningEleven's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone?

The vision cone is ********. I'd like to turn it off as well.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:33 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFRusso
Because some people are just natural born ****suckers. The guy asked a question not for your stupid *** remarks. Why don't people like you just go back to doing something useful like ****ing yourselves instead of flaming people who just asked a simple question.
WWFRusso,

Another post like that and you WILL find yourself in the cell. This is your one warning. Personal attacks like that will not be tolerated.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #19
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
Some of y'all are out of line with your responses... I mean he didn't say anything bad about the feature just wanted to turn it off for th eCPU as well and during drills. It doesn't make him less sim or someone who wants arena football. I have been using check downs on video games for years. I use the feature but I don't see how it makes this game real football.

One more thing I can see how the extra button presses might turn some off to the feature because they aren't big on button smashing doesn't mean they are less of sim player.
Agreed. Some of these "experts" are probably just holding the R trigger and double tapping the receiver button which takes about as much skill as turning it off.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #20
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
I am not flaming or trying to be out of line but if you don't want to play with the vision cone you might as well not buy Madden 06 and just keep playing 05 so you save yourself some dinero.
Interesting that no one has responded to you on this one, but your question is absolutely valid and right on the mark. Without the cone, armed with an exclusive license and the massive amounts of money invested in EA by consumers, why isn't this series progressing in quantum leaps either graphically, stylistically or, heaven forbid, in overall gameplay?

Have fun...........

What I think I think:
Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #21
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSonGoku
Nope, from what I understand, you can NOT shut it off for the CPU.
There's two mistakes EA made in regards to the cone. The first one is not being able to turn off the CPU's cone and the second one is forcing you to use the cone in ranked online games. Don't tell me I can turn it off if I can't turn it all the way off. I enjoy playing ranked games, but I hate the cone so EA has pretty much run me off of Xbox Live.

I don't mind people who like the cone, but their arrogance towards those of us that don't want to use it for whatever reason is a little annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #22
Rookie

HokieMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
There's two mistakes EA made in regards to the cone. The first one is not being able to turn off the CPU's cone and the second one is forcing you to use the cone in ranked online games. Don't tell me I can turn it off if I can't turn it all the way off. I enjoy playing ranked games, but I hate the cone so EA has pretty much run me off of Xbox Live.

I don't mind people who like the cone, but their arrogance towards those of us that don't want to use it for whatever reason is a little annoying.

I agree Badgun. I think it's useless! Hell, when I snap the ball, I feel like I'm spotlighting for deer. It looks like a big flashlight on the field to me. Kinda stupid add on by EA, but I guess you have to add some kind of flare to keep the fan support happy.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkforce
Why aren't people like you completely banned? But about the topic...I noticed on two player games, one person can use the cone while the other doesn't have to by changing settings under each controller. Has anyone tried that for the CPU team?

I haven't got to play Madden as much as I wanted to this weekend Has anyone tried this solution?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #24
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMan
I agree Badgun. I think it's useless! Hell, when I snap the ball, I feel like I'm spotlighting for deer. It looks like a big flashlight on the field to me. Kinda stupid add on by EA, but I guess you have to add some kind of flare to keep the fan support happy.
Spotlighting for deer....LOL, that's a good one!!

When I see it, it reminds me of those prison spotlights in the old days. I guess you can pretend that you have a high powered sniper rifle and you need to shoot the X guy before he gets away, but he has to be inside the beam to hit him.

Last edited by Badgun; 08-15-2005 at 03:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »