Home

After about 20 games, I just noticed they axed the sideline reporter...

This is a discussion on After about 20 games, I just noticed they axed the sideline reporter... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: After about 20 games, I just noticed they axed the sideline reporter...

As someone that only plays sports games, I will be buying a XBOX 360 (well, getting one for XMAS) just because I don't have many games for XBOX, and I can just give those to my little brother along with my whole XBOX since he's always playing it anyway. Yessuh.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-14-2005, 02:01 AM   #10
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Great post. They still should have done more for us guys that are not ready fot the switch to next gen consoles. I can guarantee I will not have X360 when it comes out. Not after shelling out almost 150 this year on games. I thought Madden would do a little more, but we will see in the fall. I am a PS2 fan anyway.
I think they should have focused on the Xbox game instead of the 360 game, but their reasoning makes sense. I still don't believe that the 360 version is going to be much different than the Xbox version, though.

EA has no excuses if Madden 2007/07/whatever its called is not a major improvement over 06. Brand new engine, ESPN branding and presentation, improved gameplay, and better dialogue will have to be shown for EA to make any money next year.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
It's a transition year for the franchise. Why should they change the whole game only to go to a new console? That being said, repost this comment next year if the game hasn't improved.
That's really no excuse, seeing as how they will still be making Madden 2007 for the current platforms just like they still made Madden for PS1 long after Ps2 came out. To me it seems as though they axed the presentation to cater to the quick-games present at the "Madden Callenges". While presentation is not as important as gameplay, I see no reason why Madden took a step back in presentation this year when it wasn't that great in the first place. And what's with guys running back to the huddle with their arms at their sides bent at the elbows, fingers extended and palms facing the ground? How'd that glitch get in there if they didn't overhaul/revamp gameplay or presentation? Not a big deal, just weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
It's a transition year for the franchise. Why should they change the whole game only to go to a new console? That being said, repost this comment next year if the game hasn't improved.
What sense does it make to take stuff out?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks
Same old song and dance. I like Madden but their excuses have run out. Next years excuse will be that it is the first version on the next gen, just wait till they learn how to use the power of the new system.
Lmao that's so true. And then people will keep telling you to wait for the next version.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I like this years version myself, the improvements are enough for me... All that presentation stuff was not a favorite of mine I like gameplay and this game is solid in that department...

But I do wish that there was a NFL 2K6 this year.... But oh well..
Old 08-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I blame the people who complain about too much sex appeal in video games for the disappearance of the cheerleaders and the sideline reporter.

If OJ Simpson was the sideline reporter in real life for Madden/Michaels... he'd probably be in the game. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #16
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryField04
I blame the people who complain about too much sex appeal in video games for the disappearance of the cheerleaders and the sideline reporter.

If OJ Simpson was the sideline reporter in real life for Madden/Michaels... he'd probably be in the game. LOL
Yah, they also took the cheerleaders out this year too... NCAA still has em though, so I'm not so sure it has to do with personal complaints. Oh, well, I just find it strange that after a few years, suddenly the sideline reporter and cheerleaders are gone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »