Home

Player Progression Thread

This is a discussion on Player Progression Thread within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Player Progression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I would have to disagree. If this is true...then Ryan Leaf should still be playing and be the super star of the league.
Experience does not always make you better.
You should know Eli is going to be good after he dominated your team with David Tyree (5th string) being his best receiver.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #18
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
You should know Eli is going to be good after he dominated your team with David Tyree (5th string) being his best receiver.
Actually, I say the odds are stacked against him, I mean, how many members of one family can be star quarterbacks in the NFL?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #19
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Who said Eli is a bust, hes gunna be insane in the next couple of years
He may have been referring to in the game Eli wasn't performing well so he droppe points....
Old 08-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #20
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Lol, Eli hasn't been doing too well in my practice franchise either. He was released after year 2 and still hasn't been picked up in year 4. He's a 78 overall.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #21
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I would have to disagree. If this is true...then Ryan Leaf should still be playing and be the super star of the league.
Experience does not always make you better.
I would beg to differ. Experience did make Leaf better, though just not a good starting QB. Are you telling me that Leaf as a rookie was just as good as Leaf at DAL? I would have to say, even though he still sucked, he was better as a Cowboy, mostly due to experience in the NFL.

Also, why pick Leaf as an example. I do not think that every first round pick should end up in the high 90s. I would be okay if there were busts in Madden, just like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #22
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
So basically it is
1) Do great, shoot up in ratings.
2) Do good, get a point or two
3) Do average, get nothing, or go down
4) Do terrible, lose a point or two.

I am okay with this to a degree, but even if a young player does average-good, they should go up more than a point from just gaining the experience. A guy like Eli did average last year, but from all the experience he got last year will be much improved from last year, even though his 'stats' would not warrant an improved rating.

Basically, it is very difficult to take a bad team and stack them with youngsters because they are already not that good and will not receive a ratings boost from gaining experience.
I believe this was your quote. I disagree. Why does Eli have to be much improved because he played last season???? Should he have some experience? Yes. Should he have a little more awareness? Yes. Is he going to be one of those players that really takes off and becomes a star? We don't know.
No player should improve just because they were on the field. If that was the case, everyone should get better and better. This is a fantasy world. Reality is, players don't improve, and some regress. Others are special and improve greatly. While there are some that improve slightly, and become journeymen.

I think in long way about it, we agree. Maybe communicating through the brilliance of the internet is twisting our fonts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »