Home

Player Progression Thread

This is a discussion on Player Progression Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Player Progression Thread

I've been hearing things here and there from other sites that player progression is terrible this year. Players either get worse or progress very little, if at all. Has anyone done extensive simming and testing with this? Do young QBs awareness go up? Because if it does not, then it would be almost pointless to get a young QB and keep him on your team when you could just go and get a guy like Testaverde or Brunell that will have a larger cone and similar ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Player Progression Thread

Frist year progression is horrible but after the frist season it goes back to normal, I sign Hollis Thomas, he was 77 after a pro bowl season he was a 88. And busts drop in ratings too ask Eli Manning.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

This makes it very difficult when you have a young QB like Alex Smith. His awareness won't progress unless you do well in the training sessions, so his cone takes FOREVER to get to a respectable size!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

At the Week 5 (The first progression during the regular season) Big Ben AWR went up 2 and his accuracy went up 1. He was doing well. I don't any problems so far. During the season it is based on how the player plays. Even Bettis' overall went up by 2 at week 5 because he was playing so well (AVG 133 yards rushing per game)
Old 08-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

I also don't like how young players regress after simming the preseason a point or so. They should atleast stay the same and improve if they performed well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I just imported Vince Young(Texas) into my game and drafted him to the Texans, trading D.Carr(Who was going down in rating), my first round 26th pick, and P.Buchanon for the first pick in the draft.

I didn't do any drills in the training period. He was OROY and rated 84.

Going into the playoffs he was 87. Every playoff game you win, it seems certain players go up by one point, winning the superbowl with him he finished the season at 90.

so he began at 84 and ended with 90. His AWR did go up, but his cone was...eh. Atleast I could scramble with him as I did in NCAA the same.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Good, there were too many good players. Progression should work a little less than it has in years past. There should be some players that just don't make it, while others do. Some should be journey men, and never seem to improve drastically.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

The player progession in Madden is pretty robust and good...Basically, if your guys are playing well, then they'll progress - if they suck, they'll regress....simple as that.

I usually play all my games and have seen my guys improve over the season. The progression is better thna MVP where it's pretty much random no matter how well your player does...he could still regress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »