Home

Is it the Madden "Curse"?

This is a discussion on Is it the Madden "Curse"? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #9
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Is it the Madden "Curse"?

It's a mix of the Madden and the 2k curse. Owens is getting to McNabb, so Mr. QB will force him out of Philidelphia, and Owens will never be back in top form.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:55 PM   #10
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaww
I thought Rex Grossman was on the cover this year.....
LOLOLOLOL!! That was a good one southpaww. As for the curse I sort of believe it. I mean its just too many cooincidents for me. Last year Ray Lewis did not get injured, but he did not produce the numbers that he normally does. Eddie George was injured in 2000, Vick was injured in 2003. The other years the coverboys just didn't put up their usual numbers which may just be cooincidence but I don't really know.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

I sort of believe in the Madden curse and really i think it all started in 2000 when Barry Sanders was on the cover then he suddenly retires. Then Eddie George gets hurt the next year(his career has never been the same since) Dante Culpepper was on the next year, he had his worst year ever as a pro after plus he always got snubbed when playoff time comes around then when he finally makes the playoffs his best reciever leaves. Then Marshall Faulk he got hurt and his career basically been the same as Eddie George's since then. Followed By Vick and we all know what happen with that. Ray Lewis, yeah maybe he didn't get injured but they also didnt make the playoffs like they were projected to aswell. Now Donovan and all of this turmoil i can't help but think that it could be a curse. Coincidence not for 6 years in a row.

O and I also T.O. is doing the right thing but thats for another topic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #12
Rookie

ultramag7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
There is no curse. Nothing happened to Ray Lewis last year. TO is just a friggin idiot. He needs to go smoke some chronic with Ricky Williams to chill the f out. Nobody is interested in watching him do crunches with his shirt off while doing interviews. Thank the lord he is not on my team. I'm happy to see this happen to the Eagles as a Cowboy fan. Hopefully the whole team will suffer now and we might win against them.
ray's a defensive player. this curse likes offensive players!!!!! 5's days are numbered!!!! lol!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »