Home

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

This is a discussion on AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Angry AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Okay, I owned Madden 05 and played with the Steelers on all-pro. I would win almost every game thanks to my awesome D. No one could run on me at all and I was almost equally as good at defending the pass. Fast foward to Madden 06. I play on all-pro with the Steelers and I get killed, and I mean it!!, every game. It is so frusterating. The problem is the Defense no question. I am still pretty good at stopping the run, put I am officially beyond terrible at defending the pass. I liked Madden 05's defense because I felt that I had COMPLETE control. But, In Madden 06 I am so lost on D. I fell like I am not controlling the game. One of the things is that even with the Steelers (Blitzburgh) I find it extremly hard to get to the QB unless I blitz like 8 guys. THe CPU Quarterback has all day to throw. Another thing is that when I am in man or zone for that matter and the ball is passed to a reciever, there usually isn't anyone within a half-mile of him wearing black and gold. This makes it really hard because there recievers can magically out run any of my down the field, and he has the ball. Also, one of the key things to defending the deep ball in 05 was the L botton, the corner would jump towards were the ball is going and swat it down. Unfortunally, it is not like that in Maddne 06. In 06 when you press the L Botton he stops and jumps straight up and waves his hand stupidly. So, in 06 unless he are right on the recievers tail which doesn't happen as I have said before, which leaves the receiver time to catch the pass and burn the whole d down the field for a touchdown.

SO, is anyone else experiencing this? Or am I just crazy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
Okay, I owned Madden 05 and played with the Steelers on all-pro. I would win almost every game thanks to my awesome D. No one could run on me at all and I was almost equally as good at defending the pass. Fast foward to Madden 06. I play on all-pro with the Steelers and I get killed, and I mean it!!, every game. It is so frusterating. The problem is the Defense no question. I am still pretty good at stopping the run, put I am officially beyond terrible at defending the pass. I liked Madden 05's defense because I felt that I had COMPLETE control. But, In Madden 06 I am so lost on D. I fell like I am not controlling the game. One of the things is that even with the Steelers (Blitzburgh) I find it extremly hard to get to the QB unless I blitz like 8 guys. THe CPU Quarterback has all day to throw. Another thing is that when I am in man or zone for that matter and the ball is passed to a reciever, there usually isn't anyone within a half-mile of him wearing black and gold. This makes it really hard because there recievers can magically out run any of my down the field, and he has the ball. Also, one of the key things to defending the deep ball in 05 was the L botton, the corner would jump towards were the ball is going and swat it down. Unfortunally, it is not like that in Maddne 06. In 06 when you press the L Botton he stops and jumps straight up and waves his hand stupidly. So, in 06 unless he are right on the recievers tail which doesn't happen as I have said before, which leaves the receiver time to catch the pass and burn the whole d down the field for a touchdown.

It just seems to me that you are having some time adjusting to the new game, I have also found it a bit more difficult from time to time, give it a while, the more you play the more you'll adapt, prolly this time next week, it won't even be an issue.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #3
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas

the problem is that gamers like yourself just like winning.... i cant go a few seasons going undefeated or losing here and there but always ending up with 13-17 wins.., its unrealistic

and if u cant play on all-pro, try pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »