Home

the deep ball

This is a discussion on the deep ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
the deep ball

DOes anyone have any times on how to complete a good deep ball? I am a fairly acoomplished player but I can't seem to ever hit anyone in stride without the corner leaping up and backhanding the ball away. I spent an hour in practice mode with the Raiders today. Yes, I did read defenses correctly and waited for the single coverage waited until Moss had a good 3 yards on the corner. I threw early, I threw late, I threw a bullet, I threw a rainbow and everything in between. Every once in a while I would get a completion if Moss jumped up, but I want a catch in stride if I have the corner by 3 yards or so. Can anyone help me out here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: the deep ball

i have the same problem but, the CPU can complete them like nothing. I also would like some help.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

try throwing bullets to the outside of the reciever. Lobbing the ball will only give the defender a chance to catch up. that seems to work for me.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
DOes anyone have any times on how to complete a good deep ball? I am a fairly acoomplished player but I can't seem to ever hit anyone in stride without the corner leaping up and backhanding the ball away. I spent an hour in practice mode with the Raiders today. Yes, I did read defenses correctly and waited for the single coverage waited until Moss had a good 3 yards on the corner. I threw early, I threw late, I threw a bullet, I threw a rainbow and everything in between. Every once in a while I would get a completion if Moss jumped up, but I want a catch in stride if I have the corner by 3 yards or so. Can anyone help me out here?
That's my biggest problem with Madden is even when I have a step on the defender he's still able to catch up with me jump like Kobe and swat the ball away,I'm gonna try pump fakes to try and freeze the defender before I throw,but i doubt it helps.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this....I complete deep balls with about the regularity of a real NFL QB. If I send a good receiver on a streak, in single coverage, and throw a lob pass that leads him quite a bit he'll catch it on occasion. Other times the DB will swat it or my WR won't be able to catch up to it, but that happens sometimes in real life too. If you wanna complete every single deep bomb then you're out of luck.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this....I complete deep balls with about the regularity of a real NFL QB. If I send a good receiver on a streak, in single coverage, and throw a lob pass that leads him quite a bit he'll catch it on occasion. Other times the DB will swat it or my WR won't be able to catch up to it, but that happens sometimes in real life too. If you wanna complete every single deep bomb then you're out of luck.
People in Madden complain about not being able to complete the deep ball.
People in NCAA complain about the deep ball being too easy.

...maybe everyone should switch games.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I dont know how you guys throw the deep ball but after about 15 minutes of practice i managed to successfully complete deep passes by lobbing the ball while moving up to the line and using the precision by locating the ball high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »