Home

Madden's presentation vs NCAA's

This is a discussion on Madden's presentation vs NCAA's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35
Madden's presentation vs NCAA's

One of the main complaints against Madden, especially when compared to the 2K series, is Madden's lack of presentation (replays, overlays, etc). Has anyone noticed that the presentation for NCAA is markedly better than that of Madden? Lots of replays, lots of statistical overlays, lots of post-play celebrations....it's hard to believe both of these games were designed by EA Sports.

I'm always one to favor gameplay over graphics and fluff, but I think NCAA's superior presentation and atmosphere are why I'm continuing to play it instead of Madden. I'm a huge NFL fan with a passing interest in college football, but I'm just not having as much FUN with Madden as I am with NCAA right now and I feel like a lot of that is tied to how cold Madden feels compared to its NCAA counterpart.

Does anyone else share this feeling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden's presentation vs NCAA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
One of the main complaints against Madden, especially when compared to the 2K series, is Madden's lack of presentation (replays, overlays, etc). Has anyone noticed that the presentation for NCAA is markedly better than that of Madden? Lots of replays, lots of statistical overlays, lots of post-play celebrations....it's hard to believe both of these games were designed by EA Sports.

I'm always one to favor gameplay over graphics and fluff, but I think NCAA's superior presentation and atmosphere are why I'm continuing to play it instead of Madden. I'm a huge NFL fan with a passing interest in college football, but I'm just not having as much FUN with Madden as I am with NCAA right now and I feel like a lot of that is tied to how cold Madden feels compared to its NCAA counterpart.

NCAA has always had better presentation than madden.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

Yes. I prefer college football anyway, but Madden's presentation sucks. The gameplay is great, though, and that is much more important to me.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Yes. I prefer college football anyway, but Madden's presentation sucks. The gameplay is great, though, and that is much more important to me.
Honestly though, no jokes, what year HAS Madden's presentation not been a boring and sucky dry aspect of thier game?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
..it's hard to believe both of these games were designed by EA Sports.
yes both games were made by EA Sports, but 2 different groups of designers made each game. Thats why some of the things seen in NCAA isnt seen in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, NCAA's presentation is better; right down to the campus challenge/madden chalenge pop ups; NCAA has a sleek little bar and Madden pops up this huge, nearly empty black box. Even when Madden does something right like the new Drive Summary pop up, they mess it up a bit as it hangs on the screen too long. I've blown some kick-offs trying to clik that thing off.

But, all told, the presentation in Madden isn't all that bad, it just suffers when compared to its far slicker little brother.

Arena Football
NBA 2K6
C. Hoops 2k6
PGR 3
DOA 4
Old 08-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #7
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Even when Madden does something right like the new Drive Summary pop up, they mess it up a bit as it hangs on the screen too long. I've blown some kick-offs trying to clik that thing off.
To get the drive summary off the screen all you have to do is pull either the left or right trigger (for XBOX). This will quickly get rid of it.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #8
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
To get the drive summary off the screen all you have to do is pull either the left or right trigger (for XBOX). This will quickly get rid of it.
Thanks,I was very annoyed with how long the overlays would stay on the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »