Home

Madden 2006 - A Review...........

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 - A Review........... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 2006 - A Review...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

That was speculation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #162
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
That was speculation.
Perhaps, but it certainly seems to makes more sense than the idea that the league would actually be happy about one of it's licensors setting a precedent for selling NFL merchandise at less than premium prices.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #163
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
As I've stated before, this is another one of those complaints that my sliders set must have magically fixed. Just so it does'nt look like I'm making any of this up, in my Titans season (very adverage secondary) I only have 3 picks total out of 4 games. McNair has only threw 4 picks in 4 games. His current season stats are 53-106, 4 TDs, 4 INTs. I just looked yesterday so I kinda remember. So far I've faced Miami(AJ Feely), Indianopolis(Manning), Jax(Leftwhich), and Chargers(Brees). Only 3 total team INTs and 4 picks thrown. No, I'm not making this up. I must be the lucky one.

And I hate saying stuff like that. I find it ironic because throughout all my years of complaining about the cheat logic in Madden, someone always comes in and discredits me. I'm not tryna discredit you or anyone else for that matter, but it must be something you guys are doing cause honestly, I just aint seeing it.
Graphik, care to post your 2k5 sliders on the ESPN slider board? If not, could you maybe PM them to me? Seems like I pull 2k5 out of mothballs every 3 months, start a franchise and give up after 6-7 games. I usually play with the Browns (who don't have much of a secondary), and I generally pick off the CPU QB at least 3-4 times a game -- sometimes by halftime! I've tried CPU passing & rcving at 40, and my coverage at 0, INTs at 0, as well as many other slider settings, but nothing seems to work. The only thing that comes remotely close to fixing the problem for me is to turn up the CPU fatigue slider to 30+ while keeping Hum at 20 or below. Problem is with those settings, the CPU never subs.

What's ridiculous is I don't even consider myself a good defensive player, and I make a point of not controlling the DBs. Sure the elite QBs like Manning can torch me, but everybody else throws under 50% with 3+ INTs. The feeble CPU passing attack is the only thing that keeps me from thoroughly enjoying 2k5. It has other problems as well (DB AI, CPU draft logic), but I could live with those if I could just get a decent passing game from the CPU without making massive roster edits.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:54 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Perhaps, but it certainly seems to makes more sense than the idea that the league would actually be happy about one of it's licensors setting a precedent for selling NFL merchandise at less than premium prices.

The NFL got more money with NFL 2K5 at 19.99 than with NFL 2K4 50.00 because the sales volume increased.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #165
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I don't know what was in the manual with your copy of 2k5, but mine was virtually silent concerning the various weekly prep options and their effects. As I recall, this board was flooded last year with posts from hardcore 2k fans who couldn't figure out how the hell weekly prep worked, so I don't think I was the only one who found this feature difficult to grasp.

As for your EA rant, I don't know what you're talking about here. This year's Madden features several very helpful tutorial videos that explain the mechanics of the game.

I agree with the weekly prep function. It took me a great while to figure out what exactly I was sopposed to do. Also, I still haven't found a detailed description of the contracts and CAP management.

The EA rant, that comes in the form of everytime I buy a new EA game and I'm fiending to look at some detailed illustrations and added features list, I'm left with a 7 page manual that does'nt really fill me in and make me feel like I just paid 50 bucks for a new game. Instead, its the same thing every year. Pages 1-4 detail the controls. Next few pages are dedicated to the main menu options(with no detail as to whats in each option) 1 page for franchise and then 2 pages dedicated to Online play. Its been like that for years.

Anyway, 2K5 just had so many features that it was a crazy amount of stuff you had to learn. Why some things got left out, I'll never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
Graphik, care to post your 2k5 sliders on the ESPN slider board? If not, could you maybe PM them to me? Seems like I pull 2k5 out of mothballs every 3 months, start a franchise and give up after 6-7 games. I usually play with the Browns (who don't have much of a secondary), and I generally pick off the CPU QB at least 3-4 times a game -- sometimes by halftime! I've tried CPU passing & rcving at 40, and my coverage at 0, INTs at 0, as well as many other slider settings, but nothing seems to work. The only thing that comes remotely close to fixing the problem for me is to turn up the CPU fatigue slider to 30+ while keeping Hum at 20 or below. Problem is with those settings, the CPU never subs.

What's ridiculous is I don't even consider myself a good defensive player, and I make a point of not controlling the DBs. Sure the elite QBs like Manning can torch me, but everybody else throws under 50% with 3+ INTs. The feeble CPU passing attack is the only thing that keeps me from thoroughly enjoying 2k5. It has other problems as well (DB AI, CPU draft logic), but I could live with those if I could just get a decent passing game from the CPU without making massive roster edits.
Its true but Madden 2006 on all pro is doing the same thing. Tons of interceptions and low completion. Maybe, I try some sliders.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #167
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The NFL got more money with NFL 2K5 at 19.99 than with NFL 2K4 50.00 because the sales volume increased.
But Sega would have had to sell more than twice as many units to make your statement true. I would like to see the terms of the deal with the NFL past or the current one. It would be interseting to see if the NFL is insisting on a percentage or a flat fee. I would think they would prefer a combination of the two. BTW, has anybody seen the sales figures for Madden this year?

Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #168
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
But Sega would have had to sell more than twice as many units to make your statement true. I would like to see the terms of the deal with the NFL past or the current one. It would be interseting to see if the NFL is insisting on a percentage or a flat fee. I would think they would prefer a combination of the two. BTW, has anybody seen the sales figures for Madden this year?
The Sega initiative was entirely about gaining a foothold in the football gaming market. I would imagine that the licensing agreement would have provided both a flat fee and share of profits, but I believe that those agreements would have been underwritten by Take 2 Interactive who used a similar marketing approach with Outlaw Volleyball, Golf & Tennis

Their whole concept was aggressive pricing to establish under-exposed, but qualitative gaming efforts into more widespread appeal. If I remember correctly, the pricing strategy was intended to be supported for only a couple of years, with the plan being that after such a time the games would sell themselves based on appeal

BTW, this isn't the official word of 2K Sports

Have fun.................

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »